Mens Tennis Forums banner

Higher Quality Final: 2010 or 2011 U.S. Open?

• 2010 U.S. Open final.

Votes: 16 31.4%
  • 2011 U.S. Open final.

Votes: 35 68.6%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which U.S. Open final between Nadal and Djokovic do you think was of a higher quality and why?

The 2010 U.S. Open final or the 2011 U.S. Open final?

·
Banned
18,509 Posts
USO 2011 3rd set is the highest level of tennis you will EVER see. I doubt these guys are even human.

·
Registered
12,644 Posts
Nadal fans will vote 2010, Nole fans will vote 2011. It's very predictable and boring :zzz:. Why does it matter? I do agree with Topspin that 3rd set 2011 was incredible.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
2011 final. Nadal was close to the same in both (very high level) but Djokovic was just on a different plane of existence for much of that 2011 match compared to 2010.

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
USO 2011 3rd set is the highest level of tennis you will EVER see. I doubt these guys are even human.
This set does beat out any of the ones in 2010, but in terms of overall match quality I think the 2010 was better. Not as much terrible serving. Djokovic threw the towel in the 4th set because of exhaustion, but the 2010 was match was still solid. Nadal made the surface look like clay.

·
Registered
23,908 Posts
Nadal fans will vote 2010, Nole fans will vote 2011. It's very predictable and boring :zzz:. Why does it matter? I do agree with Topspin that 3rd set 2011 was incredible.
im a nadal and djokovic fan, i didnt vote 2010 because nadal won that year, im talking about how great the us open on both men and women side have been, i really enjoyed it alot watching both sides producing some great tennis, my fave wta match was 4th round between Caro vs Maria S. that match was the best in my opinion:worship:, both players were spectacular and caro was at her ultimate best against Maria, and my top 3 fave matches were 1st round: Djokovic vs Troicki, SF: Federer vs Djokovic and F: Nadal vs Djokovic, i thought those three matches from both players were amazing, i was very impressed with djokovic in those three matches, he really shown why hes still in the top 3 at that time, and you gotta admit that djokovic and of course nadal play great in the final

·
29,637 Posts
Neither were great tbh, although the third set this year was the best set of the eight by a distance.

·
Registered
21,336 Posts
Nadal played the same, but Djokovic played much better in the 2011 final, so I'd have to go with that one.

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
2011 no doubt about it. this slanted poll just shows how little posters on here understand about what makes tennis talent and good matches. 2011 US OPEN was not very high quality at all, Nadal was poor form. 2010 both players were in good form

·
Registered
21,336 Posts
2011 no doubt about it. this slanted poll just shows how little posters on here understand about what makes tennis talent and good matches. 2011 US OPEN was not very high quality at all, Nadal was poor form. 2010 both players were in good form
Don't worry, time heals all wounds. You'll get over the loss eventually.

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
100% Nadal >65% Nadal

2010 U.S. Open final

way better than 2011

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Nadal had a tougher draw to the final this year and didn't play all that bad, Djokovic also had tough matches but he is nowadays in such good condition that he wasn't forced to go for hail mary winners as in 2010, he could hang in the rallies and win with controlled aggression.

2011 easily IMO.

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
im a nadal and djokovic fan, i didnt vote 2010 because nadal won that year, im talking about how great the us open on both men and women side have been, i really enjoyed it alot watching both sides producing some great tennis, my fave wta match was 4th round between Caro vs Maria S. that match was the best in my opinion:worship:, both players were spectacular and caro was at her ultimate best against Maria, and my top 3 fave matches were 1st round: Djokovic vs Troicki, SF: Federer vs Djokovic and F: Nadal vs Djokovic, i thought those three matches from both players were amazing, i was very impressed with djokovic in those three matches, he really shown why hes still in the top 3 at that time, and you gotta admit that djokovic and of course nadal play great in the final
So you can neither read a thread title (WTA final is irrelevant, go to tennisforum if you want to dicuss it) nor can you realize the 2011 final was miles better.

Let me spell it out for you: Which ATP (not WTA) final (not semifinal) was better, 2010 or 2011?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts