Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey US posters whats going on? I am reading many reports and can't find where were his shots exactly? Was it on his back? How did the teen get shot? What exactly going on in the city?

·
Registered
4,857 Posts
An unarmed African-American teenager, Michael Brown, was killed by (white) police officers recently. Rev. Jesse Jackson has heightened the incident by bringing national attention to it, as he did with the Trayvon Martin case, which is probably why you're hearing about it. Police claim that Brown tried to shove an officer into his car and take his gun, and a shot was fired in the process.

That's all I can say without being biased either way, which is probably why it seems so...press releaseish.

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
An unarmed African-American teenager, Michael Brown, was killed by (white) police officers recently. Rev. Jesse Jackson has heightened the incident by bringing national attention to it, as he did with the Trayvon Martin case, which is probably why you're hearing about it. Police claim that Brown tried to shove an officer into his car and take his gun, and a shot was fired in the process.

That's all I can say without being biased either way, which is probably why it seems so...press releaseish.
Well no one knows what exactly happened till now.. May be they will wait till the city calms then they will say..

Live Stream: http://www.ustream.tv/RealAlexJones

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
The cameraman is no longer viewing.. I need another stream.. Dont want to talk to the weird people in the chat room of the stream..

HELP!!

Edit: He is back but talking from unimportant area..

·
Registered
4,857 Posts
The cameraman is no longer viewing.. I need another stream.. Dont want to talk to the weird people in the chat room of the stream..

HELP!!

Edit: He is back but talking from unimportant area..
...well, your first problem is listening to Alex Jones. The man's a nut. Wait for more news to come out from reliable channels.

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
...well, your first problem is listening to Alex Jones. The man's a nut. Wait for more news to come out from reliable channels.
I was searching for any live coverage I don't know the man he just had a live stream from inside the city so I watched..

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Serious talking: I think whatever happened in this particular case of Ferguson is not the trigger.. I think there are three reasons:

1- The previous cases of strange sentences regarding interracial murders, especially Zimmerman case..

2- The failure of the US black community to recognize young black males violence and how to solve it, I am not American but if I come to America I won't like to live in a neighborhood where I can't go outside day or night and enjoy life peacefully.. Have to say I never saw this violence myself because I never lived in US before, it is what I notice Americans discussing which might not be true..

3- Racists who are an obstacle to any serious discussion of the problem of youth violence, because they act like all blacks are bad and they take any opportunity to tarnish all black people.. If the black community starts to try solving their inner problems, racists will use this to spit their hateful remarks..

- In this particular case, I think all Americans need to acknowledge the fact that there is big part of the American society who lost trust after the outcome of many murder cases.. So you need to find solutions..
- Also I would like to understand why in a city predominantly black almost all Police officers are white? If it is true (I read from the internet) then this may create tensions in the city and put pressure on both sides leading them to do things out of their characters..

·
Gugaholic
84,779 Posts
Twitter is the worst place to find information considering it's infested by leftists with their faux rage internet phenomenon.
That's why intelligent people will process the information and makes their own conclusions. There are pictures and videos up there.

And you think main stream medias are not tinted? Also, any suggestions where to find any info. that fit your standard?

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Police now says the teen was previously stealing a store but the cop wasn't aware of that when the incident happened.. Tough call now whether to consider it a fight between the officer and the teen resulting in teen death, or an abuse of power by using bullets.. Sad for families of both the teen and the officer but there should be an independent investigations..

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Emergency law and curfew declared in the city.. I hope peace happens and investigations regarding the death occurs..

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
The autopsy report excludes back bullets but it says he was shot 6 times, there must be an investigation since 6 bullets are a lot and from the photos he was on the ground away from the car.. The officer should be treated innocent unless proven guilty but there must be an investigation why he used 6 bullets towards someone who was unarmed.. If it is proven fight okay, but how can we know without an investigation..

Yesterday I read one of those KKK forums, crazy people who are dedicating all their lives to hate others.. :gag:

There are no defense whatsoever for looting and burning though, those people worsen the situation..

·
Registered
15,733 Posts
strange that mtf doesn't seem to care about this, the whole thing is a mess

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
I don't think it is as common as for people not to care, the problem is elsewhere and it is about the information.

I personally couldn't have a position on this simply because i cannot get enough information and run it through my prism.

Another thing is that -
1. Due to excessive and constant anti-racism social pressure, it is impossible to take the policeman's side, without getting bashed over it. Just like sexism and women's rights.
2. Due to the high number of complete idiots in the US (and with varying percentage - everywhere in the world too) police forces, the repeated situations of abuse, with videos which are sometimes pretty clear about who's doing what, it is also impossible to take a side without having the court examine the evidences and have a verdict.

At the end of the day, the American society with its rules being so messed up, it kinda makes it hard to rate from outside, because people who i estimate "normal" would just stay away from this place because of the idiotic gun laws, having red necks with their automatic weapons in hand walking around in the grocery store f.e.

What is to be evaluated further?

People are allowed to shoot someone who entered their home to steal, with their legally owned gun and no one would bat an eye whenever it happens.

Hence, stealing is nearly a death sentence crime, coz the store owner could shoot you down on the spot. Attacking a police officer is also considered a suicidal move.

Both are idiotic anyway. Yet the guy stealing the cigars knew exactly what could have followed.

So both are idiots (God rest this guy's soul), their society is messed up and normal people get sick over their self induced problems.

·
Banned
17,155 Posts
Idiotic? I don't consider idiotic to defend yoursef and your family from an intruder in your sancta sanctorum, i.e. your house. I think it's far more idiotic going to prison for killing someone who entered your house with a weapon, or being succesfully sued by relatives of killed intruder/robber, as has recently happened in my country.

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I don't think people would get angry if this was proved robbery related shooting or fight with police over his gun, people are angry because they are not allowed to know what happened that led to someone being shot 6 times, because there are no signs of serious investigations.. Few people are saying the police officer is guilty before investigations, the majority are just asking for answers to their questions.

There are also racists comments which make life kind of impossible to others, how are you supposed to live in your own society so hated? Reading one of those KKK forums yesterday left me shocked, how are you supposed to live with this?

As I said before I am not excluding young black male in US violence from the equation, but after a civil war, segregation, and being banned from voting what else will awaken racists minds that their attitude is not successful? Practically speaking where should black Americans go? They tell them to go back to Africa, why don't European Americans go back to Europe? Blacks are Americans with different skin color, they are not Africans.. And it wasn't that black even went to US, they were brought as slaves, denied of education for many generations.. It is not an excuse for violence, but racists should just wake up and think of practical steps that could help all Americans.. Sure one of these steps is effort to decrease black violence, but racism is as bad..

The officer should come forward and accept investigations, if he did nothing wrong, if in fact it was the teen who attacked him he will be cleared.. If he shot the teen from a distance with no justification he get accused.. This is justice I think..

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
Idiotic? I don't consider idiotic to defend yoursef and your family from an intruder in your sancta sanctorum, i.e. your house. I think it's far more idiotic going to prison for killing someone who entered your house with a weapon, or being succesfully sued by relatives of killed intruder/robber, as has recently happened in my country.
it's still idiotic. Because - people in Europe don't do it and they live better, without having such idiotic situations on a daily basis.

It's very simple.

The US has some laws from the wild, wild West times, which suit some economical subjects and will stay till the end of time, until they start civil wars town by town.

At the moment they are still with posters in hand, but next step is everyone to go home and get the machine gun.

That's the inevitable destructive path and that's what has been dodged by smart European leaders some hundreds years ago, which has resulted in a much better system.

1 - 20 of 123 Posts