Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who is most likely to taste GS sucess again?

• Hewitt

Votes: 12 10.6%
  • Safin

Votes: 36 31.9%
  • Roddick

Votes: 33 29.2%
  • Only if half the top 20 retires and the other half get injured

Votes: 32 28.3%
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
5,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which one of these 'transitional' champs is most likely to taste GS success again?

·
Registered
11,530 Posts
It is unlikely for any of them, but...

Roddick >> Hewitt >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Safin

·
Registered
17,533 Posts
Roddick has the best chance, though I can't really see any of them winning another slam.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I say Safin only because if he put forth the effort to get into better shape he really could challenge for slams again, but none of them are very likely scenarios at all.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Roddick. But I only say this because Hewitt and Safin are pretty much done. Roddick might have a shot if there were some unexpected losses. I think next year is crucial for Roddick. If he's ever going to win a GS again, it has to happen pretty soon.

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Roddick has the best chance.

·
Premium Member
9,871 Posts
Their chances are better than my chances. But I say, not just because he's my favorite. But he's been consistently in the top 5 and been going deep in at least 2 GS in the past 5 or 6 years. Besides, he's the only one I think who could keep up or improve his level of play over 2 weeks. I'd still love to see Hewitt win the AO before he retires. Someone that hard-working and dedicated to his country deserves to win his nation's slam.

·
Registered
340 Posts
This poll depressed me a little :lol:
Me too! :scratch:

thank goodness "Only if half the top 20 retires and the other half get injured " was part of the poll. :rolls:

Yeah, Roddick has the best chance but very unlikely!

·
Registered
33,360 Posts
hard to see one gs between all three of them, gun to my head, i would go with the most talented one chump from Russia

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
I voted for Hewitt.

I understand that Roddick is currently performing the best from this group. However, I believe that Hewitt is more likely than Roddick to beat Federer, Nadal, and/or Djokovic. I consider those three to be the primary slam stumbling blocks.

(Safin didn't need any votes for this poll :p)

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
I think Roddick has the best "chance", but it's still not a very good chance. If Federer falls early at Wimbledon, I think Andy has as good a shot as anyone else.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I think Roddick has the best "chance", but it's still not a very good chance. If Federer falls early at Wimbledon, I think Andy has as good a shot as anyone else.

Its Safin, Hewitt, and then Roddick. Safin has the talent to go Nalby during a two week stretch. That's something Roddick and Hewitt can't do. Even if Roger were to fall, I doubt Roddick would get through Novak, Nadal, Gasquet, Nalby, and even Hewitt at Wimby. Couple that with Murray, Marco, Fererr, and Gonzo, and I think Roddick's days as contending are over.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts