• Hewitt in 5

Votes: 9 6.8%
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
9,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Absolutely no chance for Hewitt IMO.

He may win one tight set through fighting spirit alone but that's about it.

One thing is clear to me: the last set will be a complete beatdown.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Hewitt's victory spiced it up a bit, but I see no chance for him unless a Djokovic's complete mental meltdown will happen and there's no chance for that, as the guy is mentally rock solid after the last year

Nevertheless, the atmosphere will be extreme with the aussie crowd, after what happened in this match against Baghdatis

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
If Novak serves like he did so far in the tournament then Hewitt has NO chance. He'll win in 3...or possibly 4 sets.

·
Registered
8,821 Posts
Hewitt has a chance to make it competitive, even if he doesn't win. He has also enough time to recuperate so that physical conditioning doesn't become an issue. And honestly, he has been tested by one tough competitor. Djokovic hasn't.

The last few days' 5 setters have just about shown that everyone is fresh, everyone is hungry, and no one can predict who will take who to the woodshed. Who saw Janko coming within a whisker of beating Federer? Anything can happen.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Hewitt [...] has been tested by one tough competitor. Djokovic hasn't
Exactly. That's another Hewitt's chance, but he must start strong (something he doesn't do often unfortunately) and try to finish it as fastest as it's possible

DavidWatts said:
I think Rusty only manages one set. I'd love to see Djokovic vs. Nalbandian
Wouldn't you want to see Hewitt-Nalbandian? :devil:

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
hewitt's play has been so patchy especially since he is trying to incorporate a more aggressive attitude.

If hewitt at 5-1 in the 4th set shows up, djoker will kill him easily.

if its hewitt at the end of the third set or end of the 5th set, i could see 4 or 5 sets.

hewitt isnt as mentally tough as he used to be and djoker is brimming with confidence. The odds are in noles favor for sure.

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
It has definately been shown that anything can happen at this AO but Hewitt will have to play his best and be at his peak mental toughness to grind out a win against Djoko. That said, I expect Djoko to win in four.

·
Registered
726 Posts
I expect a similar match to the one at wimbledon last year...Djokovic dominated it, but Hewitt grinded it out and came pretty darn close...He seems really motivated and dedicated at AO this year, so I give him an even bigger edge prolly....Cant judge Djoko's form, he has had minor opponent till now.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
djoko is a completely new generation of player and i expect straight sets, even better improvement on wimbledon match

·
Registered
27,321 Posts
Hard to tell with Hewitt in the Aus Open. No one said he was beating Baggy either.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Depends how much Hewitt feeds off the crowd and whether he comes out more confident in himself after that match. Let's face it, that was the tightest match against a top player he has played in a while and WON.

That said, Djokovic in 4 long tough sets (3 hours+ easily)

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I just don't get it.

Wimbledon 2007 - Djoke wins 7-6,7-6,4-6,7-6, total beatdown right? Not a tight match at all.

Hewitt just played a tough match against an in-form Baghdatis, number 15 in the world, so he'll be going into his next match with confidence and match tough.

Djoke hasn't played anyone within the top 50, hasn't been challenged at all, and has cruised through all his matches, so it's not as if he's match tough right now.

Hewitt has the home crowd on his side as well, so I mean, how in gods name can you all look at this objectively and say it will be a total beatdown?

I just don't understand this forum, it's like logic goes out the window the second you log on here.

·
Registered
11,530 Posts
Djokovic in three sets with two of them tight.

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,509 Posts
Hewitt's best chance will be to rig the tennis balls so that if he bounces ithem more than 8 times on serving, they explode.

Seriously, Hewitt I think needs to do it in 3 if he has any hope. Djokovic has not really been tested yet and is fresh. Hewitt is now anything but. Another long match, I don't see Hewitt coming out on top.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts