Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking at lleytons ranking breakdown he really doesnt have many points to defend in the near future. From now until the end of april he has only 5 points to defend which is at Indian Wells. Thats with tournaments at Miami and Monte Carlo with nothing to defend. Then at the start of may he only as 5 points to defend at Italy.

So for the next 9 weeks he has a grand total of 10 points to defend with opportunities at 4 masters series events.

Look for him to climb.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Blown Out On the Trail
62,739 Posts
I wonder if Lleyton is even playing to play the clay masters tournaments. I'd like to see him do better at IW and Miami though.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
After Rome he has to defend 450 points in Hamburg, Pörtschach and Roland Garros. So even if he climbs it won't be for long.

·
Blown Out On the Trail
62,739 Posts
You know, some people enjoy following a player from the beginning to the end of his career. I've "dealt with" a number of my favorite players leaving the game, so it's not a new concept to me that tennis players, even the very best, have seasons in their careers, and I fully accept that Lleyton is not going to be a force in the men's game again, but that doesn't mean I can't still enjoy him. I've been enjoying Jonas Bjorkman for a very long time now even though I've known he'll never be at the top of the game again.

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
who knows if lleyton wins a match until hamburg, iw and miami are so important for him to help him limit the damage come Hamburg.

·
Banned
95,412 Posts
I wish you were right coz i miss the days of Hewitt

but his game is out of date

he could barely hold serve v a mug like Benneteau on his fave surface, not good signs for the future

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
He hasn't had much points to defend the last few years compared to a notable few, so don't really expect anything to change. :shrug:

·
Registered
309 Posts
looking at lleytons ranking breakdown he really doesnt have many points to defend in the near future. From now until the end of april he has only 5 points to defend which is at Indian Wells. Thats with tournaments at Miami and Monte Carlo with nothing to defend. Then at the start of may he only as 5 points to defend at Italy.

So for the next 9 weeks he has a grand total of 10 points to defend with opportunities at 4 masters series events.

Look for him to climb.
Oh its nice too dream

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts
Little doubt that Hewitt will probably improve on that points haul, but I wouldn't be so confident that he can make too much of an impact. His best chance is obviously at TMS IW and Miami, where he can benefit from a few weaker draws in early matches (if he is lucky)...but I wouldn't be expecting him to do much on clay, and he is bound to lose many of his Hamburg points. :shrug:

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
1 - 20 of 37 Posts