Is that right?

None of the tard business....its kinda sad:eek::p :wavey:

roger doesnt qualify for this thread since he's well above any of them:devil:

out of active players with more than 1 slam

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Re: Roger > Hewitt > Safin > Rafa

Rafa has won more slams then Hewitt and Safin, and maybe more titles.

·
Registered
9,154 Posts

Rafa is nearly better than Hewitt and Safin combined at only 21.

·
Registered
21,222 Posts

Safin is better than Hewitt, who cares about crappy little tournaments. Safin has same slams, but more masters series titles.

·
Registered
4,618 Posts

Safin is better than Hewitt, who cares about crappy little tournaments. Safin has same slams, but more masters series titles.

So you conveniently forget that Hewitt has won TMC twice + another final:cool:

How many times has Safin won TMC:confused: :confused:
~~~Oh you think TMS is more impressive than TMC:confused:

·
Registered
4,618 Posts

FED in a league of his own!!!!

Hewitt = Nadal [Rafa has one more slam but Lleyton won diff slams plus TMC & #1 etc.]<:)

Kuerten > Safin > Roddick > Moya > Ferrero

·
Registered
291 Posts
Re: Hewitt > Safin > Rafa?

Marat > Rafael > Lleyton
in terms of talent. :angel::D

·
Registered
4,151 Posts

What do you think then?

Safin and Hewitt have been to world no.1 whereas Nadal hasen't:p

and iin achievements not in 'who's better'
Nadal has won more master series titles almost double and more slams already. You can make an argument with Lleyton, but the reason Nadal is not #1 is b/c of that swiss robot. They did not have to contend with him.

Safin is not close to Rafa.

·
Registered
21,222 Posts

So you conveniently forget that Hewitt has won TMC twice + another final:cool:

How many times has Safin won TMC:confused: :confused:
~~~Oh you think TMS is more impressive than TMC:confused:
Safin has won more Masters series tournaments, period.

·
Registered
294 Posts

I can't think clearly when Marat is involved!!!!!!
So to me-he's the winner in every category!!!! :)
Go MARAT!!!! :banana:

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

I've done my research and this is what i've found:

Hewitt

1. GS Singles Wins: 2
2. Amount of Singles Titles: 26
3. TMS/TMC: 2/2
4. World No.1: No.1 for 80 weeks
5. GS Doubles/ Mixed doubles Titles: 1
6. Davis Cup Winning Team: 1999 and 2003

Safin

1. GS Singles Wins: 2
2. Amount of Singles Titles: 15
3. TMS/TMC: 5/0
4. World No.1: No.1 for 9 weeks
5. GS Doubles/ Mixed doubles Titles: 0
6. Davis Cup Winning Team: Twice - 2002 and 2006

Nadal

1. GS Singles Wins: 3
2. Amount of Singles Titles: 22
3. TMS/TMC: 9/0
4. World No.1: Nope
5. GS Doubles/ Mixed doubles Titles: 0
6. Davis Cup Winning Team: once - 2004

So is Hewitt > Nadal > Safin a bit fairer?

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Lol, Safin and Hewitt have to do a lot of homework to get Rafa's victories.

Remember, if you take 128 clowns from a Circus and make them play a slam, one of them will win. You can call him a Slam winner, or for a short time a #1. He's not very likely to win again, in fact has 1 chance in 128 of repeating (a little higher if he's a little less clown than others). Eventually if he tries 20-30 slams he has a decent chance of winning a second and becoming a clown legend.

But if a guy wins 81 matches in a row on Clay, and at 21 has won 3 slams and reached 2 finals, has a 2-2 record on hard court with Roger and has won 9 MS Shields, you can start thinking he's not a clown. Maybe he's really a champion. Maybe he has something. Guga Kuerten had something. Agassi had something. Roger has more than anyone else. For how long? no one knows, maybe 3 years, maybe 10. But don't make me laugh comparing a true champion with those that never proved again... and again... and again... and again that they deserved to be called champions.

With due respect to Safin and Hewitt, of course. I like to watch them play :)

·
Registered
1,145 Posts

Remember, if you take 128 clowns from a Circus and make them play a slam, one of them will win. You can call him a Slam winner, or for a short time a #1. He's not very likely to win again, in fact has 1 chance in 128 of repeating (a little higher if he's a little less clown than others). Eventually if he tries 20-30 slams he has a decent chance of winning a second and becoming a clown legend.

But if a guy wins 81 matches in a row on Clay, and at 21 has won 3 slams and reached 2 finals, has a 2-2 record on hard court with Roger and has won 9 MS Shields, you can start thinking he's not a clown. Maybe he's really a champion. Maybe he has something. Guga Kuerten had something. Agassi had something. Roger has more than anyone else. For how long? no one knows, maybe 3 years, maybe 10. But don't make me laugh comparing a true champion with those that never proved again... and again... and again... and again that they deserved to be called champions.

agreed:angel:

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

so Hewitt and safin are clowns then??

They both beat pete Sampras in their Us Open Wins and then Safin had to beat federer to win AO

So safin beat the two GOATs to win his GSs...would you still call him a clown?

It doesnt matter who they faced...the fact is that they won the GSs and got to no.1....Im sure that Nadal will pass them both but right now they have both done a little bit more in their careers and so are above him..remember, nadal is yet to win a GS outside of FO whereas safin and hewitt have won 2 different GSs..

As i said, im sure nadal will overtake them in achievements but right now its pretty tight....If Safin's head is in the right place...he can contend definatly....I believe that if safin did have the right head, he would be the world number one right now and i think he would be the one we'd all call GOAT.

But in 50 years when people look at the record books, when they come across safin, Nadal and Hewitt...The record books won't say how easy a field it was...it will straight up show the statistics a bit how i showed them and if you compared them now, they're all very close in what they've done in their careers so far....im not talking about what they will do in the future. Im talking about what they have achievedso far in their career's

1 - 20 of 96 Posts