Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When did this happen?? Does anyone have the inside track on this pairing?
Just curious...:confused:

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Nothing special, a lot of the top players realize they need more match practice on HC, so - anything goes. :)

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts

·
Registered
7,424 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
When did this happen?? Does anyone have the inside track on this pairing?
Just curious...:confused:
They get on really well apparently and practise together quite a lot at various tournaments. Rafa asked Lleyton to play double here during one of the Wimby rain breaks. He also set up playing with Gasquet at Cincy next week.

·
Registered
5,998 Posts
They get on really well apparently and practise together quite a lot at various tournaments. Rafa asked Lleyton to play double here during one of the Wimby rain breaks. He also set up playing with Gasquet at Cincy next week.
How is Hewitt's Spanish good?

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
See you learn something new everyday. I had no idea they even practised together. Ok, this explains the pairing. Thanks for the info. ;)

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I'd like to see in Cincy's draw the tallest duo Isner/Karlovic :rocker2:
Me too, we'd pretty much be guaranteed tie breakers there. Probably not a glimmer of a chance for a break in either direction. Being that Isner & Ivo are both great TB players though it could work. Afraid we'll have to wait a year until they rise up a little in the rankings.

·
Registered
17,866 Posts
Clever. Guess that will teach Roger to return his late night phone calls.

·
why did I pay for premium
5,837 Posts
It's a good incentive to promote Doubles matches, I guess..
*dreaming of TV broadcast of Doubles matches outside of Davis Cup*

·
Registered
753 Posts
I remember Rafa asked Roger to play doubles with him at some point (I think shortly after they put the 2006 Monte Carlo thingy behind them) but Roger demurred, as he did with Andy when he proffered the doubles option at Wimbledon. Roger has, however, teamed up with Lleyton -- at Wimbledon 2001.

·
Your visions will happen
47,134 Posts
I remember Rafa asked Roger to play doubles with him at some point (I think shortly after they put the 2006 Monte Carlo thingy behind them) but Roger demurred, as he did with Andy when he proffered the doubles option at Wimbledon. Roger has, however, teamed up with Lleyton -- at Wimbledon 2001.
it was for Madrid 2006, and Roger, being the asshole he is, declined poor Rafa :awww:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts