1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
27,241 Posts
Lost a game. Retire Hewitt.

·
Registered
21 Posts
He should retire and get a role on a soap opera playing alongside Bek.
Does anyone know if there anyone watching any of these matches (live I mean)?

·
Registered
6,726 Posts
Hewitt was probably being nice and gifted a game.

·
Registered
10,752 Posts
I was so surprised it was in Townsville. I'm not even entirely sure where that is. I think they could have at least got some crowd if they played in Kooyong. I hope if the world group playoffs are in Australia, they play them in Melbourne

·
Registered
21 Posts
Maybe its in Townsville because of the weather. Its getting cold in Sydney (saying thhis while sitting in a lecture theatre in stockings, scarf and jacket).
I'd love for it to come to Sydney, but Kooyong would be more likely because of the footy. Damn football.

·
Registered
10,752 Posts
Maybe its in Townsville because of the weather. Its getting cold in Sydney (saying thhis while sitting in a lecture theatre in stockings, scarf and jacket).
I'd love for it to come to Sydney, but Kooyong would be more likely because of the footy. Damn football.
Yeah I can't stand AFL either, but why would the Footy deter it from coming to Sydney? At least it would be worth holding the event in Sydney because they'd get more of a turnout than in Townsville. Any of the state capitals would have been fine.

·
Registered
10,752 Posts
It was probably in Townsville because it's a good opportunity to promote tennis in Townsville and give the people there the chance to watch some live tennis there, especially since it's not such a high profile tie.
yeah thats a good point. I didn't think of that.:)

·
Registered
21 Posts
That does make sense. Wasn't Rafter from around there?

The footy seems to consume the state when its on.

·
Registered
27,241 Posts
The ATP should put Hewitt under investigation for fixing that one game.

·
Premium Member
8,972 Posts
shot

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Bruguera was able to defeat Champion 6:0 x 3, Hewitt is useless

·
@Ryan's Hat
19,893 Posts
Who cares, realy?