Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, they made it. Old legend (Hewitt) and future star (Tomic).
And they have winable opponents in next round, too. It will be fun to watch Hewitt vs Raonic and Tomic vs Dolgopolov. Hope they will go deep in the draw as much as they can. I will root for old guy Hewitt even Raonic is ex-Yugoslavian.

·
Registered
4,569 Posts
Re: Both Australians are in the 3rd round!!!

I don't think either of them will make it to the 4th round though, as much as I want Hewitt to.

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
Good for the local fans :yeah: The best tournament for the Australian players since 2006 when Luczak and Healey played tournaments of their lives reaching the 3rd round.

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Winnable opponents in 3R??? :facepalm:. Their journeys will likely end simultaneously.

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Good for the local fans :yeah: The best tournament for the Australian players since 2006 when Luczak and Healey played tournaments of their lives reaching the 3rd round.
Fuck, australian tennis that sucked recently? You need to be deep down if your heroes are Luczak and Healey (who is that guy anyway?).
Thanks God, there is a bunch of youngsters (Kubler, Saville, Duckworth, Whittington). I think Saville will be top player. Seems academies finally do good job. Australia must have big number of good players beacuse that is maybe the greatest force in mens tennis of all time.
It's really cool to watch pump up australian crowd cheering for local guy on AO.
There is 68 australian players on ATP list and among of them 2 players of croatian roots. Interesting, they are 1st and 5th among of them.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I think I'm already starting to cringe at the thought of him trying to return Raonic's serves with that fragile body. :scared:

·
Registered
10,504 Posts
It definitely is a tremendous day for tennis.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts