Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He’s here!!!!!!!! :baby:

Nicolas Philippe arrived on July 30, 2008 at sharp noon. He joins older brother Samuel Lukas and his deliriously happy (and horribly sleep-deprived) parents.

Nicolas made his grand appearance without much fuss. Mom (moi, not really R. Federer… hah! :lol:) began contractions at 6am local time, was in the hospital at 7am, was told she is at Station Minus 2. For those of you who have not had the pleasure of being in labor, that means baby is head down and on the way out. I had forgotten how bad contractions could be. Let’s just say it’s like you have such bad stomach cramps that you cannot stand, your legs buckle, you are out of breath, and you cannot sit either. You just wanna cry! Sheer misery. :mad:

After 8 months of boldly swearing that she was up to the challenge for a natural delivery, I begged for narcotics. I was just too chicken …. Not up for a challenge. The cruel nurse took about 5 hours to get the thing going. Okay, okay, it was 20 minutes but I swear, it felt like 5 hours!!! First, they got the wrong spot on the back. The second time, they got the right spot but my reflex was to push away and the needle slipped. I began to wonder if there was a hidden message that I should just not have the drugs. But I persisted :D

Uhm, epidural felt so good. After just an hour of pushing, little Nicolas arrived. All 3.3 kilos and 20 inches of him. Through my stupor, I looked to verify 10 fingers. Check. 10 toes. Check. All boy parts. CHECK! Looking very good :p

Then, the name tug of war began.

Husband: We’ll call him Roger, no?

Me: WHAT? That loser? Okay, if he won Wimbledon 6 times in a row, our son would be called Roger. But to name him after a loser that won only 5 times in a row ….. ? Nah. I like "Rafael" (Yeah sure, :lol:) Nah seriously, how about Nicolas? He got the beautiful Ms. Bruni. Sounds like a winner. Yeah! Allez Nicolas!

And that (in a slight deviation from the truth) is how Nicolas came to be. Philippe is in honour of his French born paternal grand father (just like Lukas was in honor of his maternal grand father).

As for me: I am done. Two kids and huge gross lumps of fat later, I am definitely done. I used to be 50 kilos. I ballooned to 68 kilos!!!! have never felt worse (or lumpier or more out of shape) in my life. UGH! I am fed up of wearing those loose fitting maternity clothes with bows and ribbons. I am now on the treadmill frequently. Spandex. Here I come! :p

Despite a dishevelled appearance, a LUMPY body, extreme sleep-deprivation, stacks of laundry to do every day, we are deliriously happy with our precious boys.
I recommend parenthood to everyone!
Love,
Jamie

ps. And now I have to go find the Wimbly final thread and suffer a bit ..... *sigh*

Attachments

·
Registered
100,161 Posts
:D:D good work;) :yeah: congrats

·
Can't be bothered anymore
23,023 Posts
He’s here!!!!!!!! :baby:

Nicolas Philippe arrived on July 30, 2008 at sharp noon. He joins older brother Samuel Lukas and his deliriously happy (and horribly sleep-deprived) parents.

Congratulations to you and your family, Jamie :hug: All the best for a long common way of life :)

Then, the name tug of war began.

Husband: We’ll call him Roger, no?

Me: WHAT? That loser? Okay, if he won Wimbledon 6 times in a row, our son would be called Roger. But to name him after a loser that won only 5 times in a row ….. ? Nah. I like "Rafael" (Yeah sure, :lol:) Nah seriously, how about Nicolas? He got the beautiful Ms. Bruni. Sounds like a winner. Yeah! Allez Nicolas!
:lol:

Nice story. Seems your husband is teasing you a bit with Roger ;)

Nicolas is a really cute baby :) :inlove:

ps. And now I have to go find the Wimbly final thread and suffer a bit ..... *sigh*
:secret: Go to the US Open final thread instead - it's much better for the health ;)

·
Pacific Northwest Home
31,842 Posts
:woohoo: Jaime!
Was wondering when we'd see you around here!!! And you have 2 boys as well. Good luck :aplot:

·
Faithful Txurigorri
24,903 Posts
Congrats! :wavey:

·
Occasional Visitor
52,208 Posts
Many congratulations - your son is beautiful :hearts: Best wishes to you and your whole family.

·
Registered
221 Posts
i must tell you that is one really adorable baby, seriously cute. this coming from someone who doesn't believe in the whole "all babies are cute" thing.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
really cute baby, congratulations :)

I don't like composite names, but I like the reasoning for the names of your children.

3,170 Posts
I come from a family of 6, have fun parenting. What a joy.

·
Banned
95,412 Posts
WB R.Fed

i had always wondered what happened to you

·
Registered
86,336 Posts
Congratulations! Enjoy the time with your kids. :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts