Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn´t watch the match and suprised to see there is no thread.

Not such a big suprise since Mahut was already great at RG and in this tournament, while RBA is still looking for his form in 2015.

·
Registered
4,569 Posts
RBA was pre-match fav, didn't notice until the part way through the second set. Really should have got on that, that's great odds for Mahut on grass and given respective form. Oh well.

Good win for Nico.

·
Registered
10,373 Posts
Bautista was unfocused unmotivated. Looked flat throughout the entire match, even when up 4-2 in the second.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Was tempted to go for Mahut here but RBA is defending champ and beat Mahut on the way last year.

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
Do they give Mahut a wild card in Wimbledon ? His current ranking is out of top 100 .

Quali draw is already June 21th, not much time is left

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
based on grass results, does Mahut really need a WC?
Well, in Wimby entering list he is alternate # 15 for MD. It is unlikely that 15 men will withdraw above him.

So, qualies or wild card. Qualies in Roehampton could be tricky business sometimes.

·
Registered
5,970 Posts
Mahut to GOAT again in grass season, from WC to QF already. After last year disappointment there is again chance for PizzaHut to win a title, either here or GOATport.

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
Well, RBA with basically 500 less points. Good win for Grasshut.
It's not like he will lost them in one day. ;) ;)

Good win for Mahut, good revenge for last year loss here. :yeah: :yeah:

·
In hiding.
19,116 Posts
Poor Bautista, defending champ here and the other tournament he won last year was Stuttgart, which got moved forward to this week and to grass, so he won't be able to defend that either.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Bautista Agut has some time left to regain those 250-pointers:
Date Tournament Round Points Drop Date
07.07.2014 Stuttgart W 250 13.07.2015
15.06.2014 s-Hertogenbosch W 250 22.06.2015

·
MONSOON season.
82,365 Posts
Do they give Mahut a wild card in Wimbledon ? His current ranking is out of top 100 .

I think R3 at RG was already enough for the WC, really, given his pedigree on grass. Normally they award WCs to players who go to R4 at RG, but there wasn't anyone this year who would need a WC. Mahut makes sense.

·
Registered
22,429 Posts
Mahut to GOAT again in grass season, from WC to QF already. After last year disappointment there is again chance for PizzaHut to win a title, either here or GOATport.
He came from qualis, beating WC Hewitt in the first round. Sadly it might be the same scenario at Wimbledon, with walking bye Hewitt receiving a WC, while he has to play qualis again.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
well done rba

·
Registered
5,088 Posts

Mahut deserves a wc, just for that match against Isner. one of the most iconic matches in Wimbledon history I would think. Mahut is a fine grass court player of the old school.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
^This. Thanks for saving me the bother. I think he'll get one. Wonder who he'll be playing doubles with? I saw him with Llodra last year :(

1 - 20 of 20 Posts