Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
21,308 Posts
More benefit to Nadal's side.

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
And Murray and Djokovic are both on CC. Surprise, surprise.
Well duh, Murray is the man the crowds want to see at Wimbledon and he's already had his C1 match. CC from now on for Andy.

Djokovic arguably could have been on C1, but I wouldn't be surprised if they wait for his QF to stick him out there (probably in the hope that Murray wins the other QF whilst Djokovic gets delayed by the predicted second week rain).

·
Registered
1,609 Posts

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Should be interesting how matches progress with a closed roof. Potential upsets hum hum....

·
Registered
14,890 Posts
Of course the one day without rain is the off Sunday. :facepalm:
Can't they change that tradtional "rule", FFS?

I hope they have the decency to let all the remaining matches (there will be some, obviously) be played on Sunday. Organizers will have their near-days off today and tomorrow, it seems!

·
Registered
12,632 Posts

I hope they have the decency to let all the remaining matches (there will be some, obviously) be played on Sunday. Organizers will have their near-days off today and tomorrow, it seems!
As far as I remember, it has to do with the conditions for playing tennis in the small town of Wimbledon... that the residents can have their Sunday in peace.

·
Super Moderator
62,003 Posts
Of course the one day without rain is the off Sunday. :facepalm:

As far as I remember, it has to do with the conditions for playing tennis in the small town of Wimbledon... that the residents can have their Sunday in peace.

They have in fact used middle Sunday on a couple of occasions in previous years, when rain led to them being far behind schedule. I guess they would do so again if necessary, but I have no idea where the "cutoff" for necessary goes.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts