Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
97,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hmm, according to the forecast, rain in Sopot again. Let's try some luck and blow the yesterday's profits. Well, a part of them.

Massu over Darcis @2.4
Gonzalez over Vassallo Arguello @2.58 (MVA famous fixer :tape: would have been lovely if he lived up to expectations here)
Pashanski over Starace @2.38
Mayer over Tipsarevic @1.35
Pavel over Davydenko @4.1

·
Registered
20,755 Posts
4 units on Patience x Starace x Massu @ 2.7

3 units on Vliegen x Simon @ 2.1

3 units on Massu x Chela @ 2.6

1 unit on Massu @ 2.2

I was tempted to hammer massu today, very consistent and its about time darcis got a reality check i think, although i wouldn't be surprised if he won this surely massu should be closer to him in the odds.

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts
4 units on Patience x Starace x Massu @ 2.2

3 units on Vliegen x Simon @ 2.1

3 units on Massu x Chela @ 2.6

1 unit on Massu @ 2.2

I was tempted to hammer massu today, very consistent and its about time darcis got a reality check i think, although i wouldn't be surprised if he won this surely massu should be closer to him in the odds.
1. The odds must be wrong for your first bet.
2. It isn't wise to put 1 player in 3 bets, especially when Darcis's game isn't a great match for Massu. :eek:

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts
Tempted to take Pashanski, but I'd only be doing it because of question marks over Starace's fitness and possible issues with court transition.

·
Registered
20,755 Posts
1. The odds must be wrong for your first bet.
2. It isn't wise to put 1 player in 3 bets, especially when Darcis's game isn't a great match for Massu. :eek:
I have corrected my first bet now :)

I understand what you are saying mate but i was tempted to hammer him as a single but decided on smaller bets with doubles and trebles, probably not the best course of action but if he wins... i just think darcis has been given far too much credit, its about time he crashed and burned and i want to be there to mop up.

·
Banned
31,496 Posts
Not taking anything big in the early rounds this week, just going to do this treble:

Mayer x Davydenko x Henman @ 2.08

Mayer faces Tipsarevic who has been struggling with injury ever since Wimbledon. He lost to Andreev 6-1 6-1 in Holland, then retired after 2 games in Umag. He should either be resting or in the States playing on the hard courts which suits his game more. Mayer has played brilliant tennis in Sopot over the last couple of years, beating the likes of Robredo, Chela, Calleri, Nieminen and Volandri in that time. He needs to defend the points from last year here, so motivation should be high and he will feel good about playing in Sopot as he plays well here.

Davydenko is always a difficult one to trust, but I just can't see him losing 4 first rounds in a row. Like Mayer, he has points to defend here so motivation should be high for him and as someone pointed out(think it was Bad Gambler), he always does well a week before a big event. Pavel had a superb week in Umag but his final finished late on Sunday night and after the match, he said he was going to have a big night to celebrate. Its hard to see a man of his age being able to perform that good week in week out.

Henman I think should take out Isner. I watched Isner against Dick Norman in Newport and he was all serve. He is a massive guy so he depends alot on serve. Henman has always returned big serves well....he has one of the best block returns in the game and this has got him lots of wins over big servers. Once he gets into the rallies against Isner, he shouldn't have no problems. Isner seemed to get tight against Norman on the big points and I expect he will tonight as well.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
does anyone know if it's raining in sopot now?

·
Registered
693 Posts
pashansky @2,38 for 3/10
horna @1,84 for 5/10
massu @2,25 for 3/10

Good luck

1 - 20 of 172 Posts