Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/2383383.stm

Tim Henman has revealed that his shoulder injury could cause him to miss the Australian Open in January.
Henman had been playing through the pain barrier in what appeared to be a futile bid to reach this season's Masters Cup in Shanghai.

The 28-year-old needed a decent run in the Paris Masters, but was beaten 6-4 6-2 in round three by local favourite Nicolas Escude.

If Spaniard Carlos Moya goes on to beat Sebastian Grosjean then Henman's only chance of qualification will be as a replacement.

But his injury may rule the British number one out of Shanghai anyway and also curtail the start of next season for him.

"I'd still like to play Shanghai, but once this season is out I'm going to make sure I get it right.

"If that means missing Australia I've just got to do it."

A disappointed Henman added: "I've been working the whole year to qualify for the event (Shanghai).

"If I was an alternate I probably wouldn't play, if I'm in it's a different story.

"Since Indianapolis it's been a struggle just trying to play continuously when you're not fit."

·
Registered
8,816 Posts
Yeah fine! So I'll be the only one in this thread crying at what is actually a bad news. :rolleyes:

:sad: :sad: :sad: Poor Tim. Get well soon. :kiss: Just take care of your shoulder and come back in style. :)

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
nice work Moya!!! ;) ;)

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Layla said:
Yeah fine! So I'll be the only one in this thread crying at what is actually a bad news. :rolleyes:

:sad: :sad: :sad: Poor Tim. Get well soon. :kiss: Just take care of your shoulder and come back in style. :)
get well soon tim! :bounce: :kiss: :)

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
17,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm not laughing at him but we will get alot better TV/media coverage here without 1 day going past and his name being mentioned as a possible winner :rolleyes:
At least we won't have to go thru that.

and Brit Eurosport show his matches in full zzzzzzzzz
then they have a viewers choice...... Henman's match and 2 others and no matter what even if he won 6-0 6-0 6-0 (impossible) they still show his and we're sick of him.

The sooner he loses the coverage improves :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts