Mens Tennis Forums banner

21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
21,729 Posts
This may not be the thread to ask this but re:

Wimbledon -- what does one have to do to get tickets? for Centre Court? for Court 1? for other courts? Is it necessary to line up overnight in a tent? If you line up early in the morning [as in before 8.00am] what kind of tickets can you hope to get? Which days can you line up for tickets, e.g., is it possible to do this and get tickets for R16 and beyond?

I realize that there are many restrictions, etc. but I would appreciate any info from experienced Wimby-goers, whether here or in a PM.

Thanks!

·
Registered
8,267 Posts
Sorry i can't answer that question Rogifan but some more news about Tim, his next tournament will be the Open 13, Marseille :) Good luck for it Tim and hope you're fit by then :)

·
Registered
7,354 Posts
easy draw for henners in rome. almagro in round 1 :devil:

btw, anyone see rusedski on tonight with jonathan ross last night?

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts
easy draw for henners in rome. almagro in round 1 :devil:
Horrible :sad: It is probably the best clay court he could want to face Almagro on...but he won't win the match from the back of the court. If he charges the net he'll probably get passed a lot. Very tough match, but I won't be shocked to see him win it...it is possible, but chances aren't high. Federer R2 is, well.... :wavey: top 50 Tim :sad:

btw, anyone see rusedski on tonight with jonathan ross last night?
No, I was out at my uni's Athletic Union Ball :banana:

But now that you mention he was on it, I shall make the effort the watch the show at 01:25. Thanks mate :yeah:

·
Registered
7,354 Posts
Horrible :sad: It is probably the best clay court he could want to face Almagro on...but he won't win the match from the back of the court. If he charges the net he'll probably get passed a lot. Very tough match, but I won't be shocked to see him win it...it is possible, but chances aren't high. Federer R2 is, well.... :wavey: top 50 Tim :sad:

No, I was out at my uni's Athletic Union Ball :banana:

But now that you mention he was on it, I shall make the effort the watch the show at 01:25. Thanks mate :yeah:
i really hope tim will come to the net cos that is the only way he is going to win, unless he gives almagro absolutely no pace whatsoever.

its a pretty funny interview, kind of focusing on the fact he is canadian

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts
i really hope tim will come to the net cos that is the only way he is going to win, unless he gives almagro absolutely no pace whatsoever.
No pace could work...he needs to study Volandri the night before the match. :lol: He'll have to charge the net I think...off virtually every first serve. He will struggle to break the Almagro serve I think.

its a pretty funny interview, kind of focusing on the fact he is canadian
Yeah it was a good interview. Ross is a funny guy...£500 on Greg to beat him :lol:

·
Registered
7,354 Posts
No pace could work...he needs to study Volandri the night before the match. :lol: He'll have to charge the net I think...off virtually every first serve. He will struggle to break the Almagro serve I think.

Yeah it was a good interview. Ross is a funny guy...£500 on Greg to beat him :lol:
yeah, i was thinking he needs to play a bit like volandri. he could use his slice to his advantage. and make almagro pass him, cos if he stays at the back, he'll stand no chance.

greg was sort of a last minute replacement. petre andre and jordan were supposed to be on, but petre andre was inconsiderate and went and contracted meningitis, with no thought for the tv commitment he had made

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts
greg was sort of a last minute replacement. petre andre and jordan were supposed to be on, but petre andre was inconsiderate and went and contracted meningitis, with no thought for the tv commitment he had made
Ah!! I had a feeling I read somewhere that they were supposed to be on. Still, it was probably the best time to have Greg on the show given that he has only been retired for a month. He was a worthy replacement :yeah:

·
Registered
7,354 Posts
Ah!! I had a feeling I read somewhere that they were supposed to be on. Still, it was probably the best time to have Greg on the show given that he has only been retired for a month. He was a worthy replacement :yeah:
yeah, he has a personality. if andy murray ever went on there, his lack of personality would come right through

·
Premium Member
2,766 Posts
yeah, he has a personality. if andy murray ever went on there, his lack of personality would come right through
It already has...on the 20 second soundbites they put on the BBC website.. :lol:

Still, he seems decent enough and is a great tennis player.. [although I know that you disagree.. :lol: ]

·
Registered
7,354 Posts
timmy has gulbis in RG. pretty good draw as gulbis isnt that great on clay. he could have a potential meeting with nadal, wouldnt that be fun

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts
timmy has gulbis in RG. pretty good draw as gulbis isnt that great on clay. he could have a potential meeting with nadal, wouldnt that be fun
Gulbis is beatable...but not a cert. Soderling would probably nab him in R2 though. Nadal wouldn't be fun, no :sad:

21 - 40 of 66 Posts