Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
what issue are you talking about? I thought you meant you got October Lawn Tennis Magazine in the mail.
Friday schedules for Leipzig
Order of play - Friday 27 September 2002

Center Court (from 15.00h)
Henin vs. Hantuchova
Not before 17.30h
S.Williams vs. Husarova
Rittner vs. Clijsters
Stevenson/Williams vs. Krizan/Srebotnik

Court 2 (from 15.00h)
Daniilidou/Vis vs. Glass/Hrdlickova
Starting at 18.30
Myskina vs. Shaughnessy

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
to be frank, they both are too thin and need to muscle up. Chris Evert, my apologies but "this is serena's match to win or lose."

I mean Serena could serve either girl off the court. They need to hope she is going to make errors. If I would play Serena I would wrong foot her and lob to her backhand and then rip it down the line. Also would play the kick serve over her head and mix it up with the slice. Serena does not like slice.

That said I think Henin is more mentally strong than Danny so good luck to whoever wins.

·
Registered
14 Posts
BTW, Does anyone remember that Anca Barna who lost to SW in 3 sets also took her to 3 sets at last year's US Open?

Surely it can't have been a fluke then? If Anca was able to take her to 3 sets in both meetings, she must be doing something right ... something that perhaps the others might try to emulate.

Actually, I watched neither match. Maybe someone who did could say what tactics Barna was using.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the crow, guess what, you are one of my fav movies!!!!

but arent you a mod so where is your "moderator?"
and do we have to be on our best behaviour since you are in here? :)

i know tennis is not all muscles, but serena's brute force could overpower those two thin girls anyday. i did not see the match where henin beat serena. does anybody know what happened and please share the tactics that henin used to win.

i know, i know henin and hanny can mix it up and hit with serena but serena's serve right now is just breathtaking so unless somebody else is going to step it up and hit some great serves, serena is not going to lose any matches unless she has an offday. this is why i am rooting against serena. it is not coming from my heart. just a joke bc i know she will most likely win and i wish serena the best of course

·
Registered
398 Posts
Never been called someone's favourite movie before ;) And no, I'm not a mod here, only in wtaworld.

What I meant to say is that for Henin the way to beat Serena (or anyone else for that matter) is not getting more muscular. A more precise first serve would be a solution ;)

I don't agree with your theory that Serena can only lose when she has a bad day. When having a good day, I agree that Serena is always the favourite (well the way she's playing now), but that doesn't mean she can't lose. Most of the top 10 having a good day can trouble her (but will indeed still lose 9 out of 10 times, but there's always that 1 time ;)).

A nyway, they are about to start. Go Justine! :D

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i said:

serena's serve right now is just breathtaking so unless somebody else is going to step it up and hit some great serves, serena is not going to lose any matches unless she has an offday.

and you said yourself that henin could use a better serve.

i mean that a girl would have to serve well to win against serena and i think serena will need to make some errors but you can trick her into making errors. ask hingis. mix it up and pull her left and right and wrong foot her. the problem is serena will turn the match into a running match were you are doing all the running and she is on top of the baseline hitting power, power

1 - 20 of 146 Posts