Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Helsinki challenger -event returned this season after a 5-year break and the finns will be happy to have their main man delivering. Has to be said his road to the title wasnt that hard as the original MD list had atleast 6 different ATP level title winners and lots of other good ones. Blancaneaux-Virtanen-Molcan-Ivashka-Safwat not exactly what i pictured back then :oops:

Ruusuvuori raced to a 6-3 3*-2 lead and it looked to be close to end but the underdog showed great fighting spirit and upped his level.

Ruusuvuori's strokes far from what we got to see Glasgow; didnt really go for big winners or hit the lines but not shockingly bad either. A career best ranking #125 next week. Should be a great 2020 year for him.

Good week for the Egyptian wizard as well. I was half-surprised to see him play so well on indoor hard. Still without challenger level title (0-3 in finals) but hopefully he will win one.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I meant the gamestyle though. Servebot? Offensive? Defensive? Netplay-focused? Any more famous player to compare to?
Maybe you should watch him play a few times. He's similar to Sinner imo, pretty tall guy, moves well, very good in high tempo rallies, actually has better volleys than Sinner at this point and is also very good in big points. He was playing at an amazing level a few months ago, basically blowing everybody off the court. Watched most of his matches then and the one I remember the most is the one vs Kamke. The German wasn't playing bad at all and got destroyed. Big future for this young dude, no doubt

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Ruusuvuori (I can't type his name man...) is in some decent form. Anyone follow him (maybe you, OP)? How's his game?
Flat, alright backhand, great forehand. Can hit it pretty hard and flat but also with more spin in a more agressive way. Serve is up and down, but can occassionally be pretty great. His technique is pretty dynamic and free flowing, ocassionally hits forehand slices and such.

He is definitely gonna be in the top 100 soon. In the top 50 by the end of next year

·
Registered
8 Posts
As one of his fans, I think one of his biggest weapon is the fast tempo of his groundstroke. He tends to hit the ball early before the ball ascends to its peak. This style can sometimes make it difficult for his opponent to execute the shots well, eventually leading to an error.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts