Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to buy new racket. I play aggressive, big serve and I am bad mover. Some advices about new raquet would be very appriciate.

·
Registered
5,667 Posts

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
I have the same features and i play with Volkl Power Bridge Tour 10, 98 inches head, 325gr unstrung.

It suits me perfectly well.

·
Registered
7,348 Posts
Babolat Aeropro Drive. Kenny de Schepper's racket, nothing more to be said mate. But Kenny appart from having a good serve and aggresive game is an excellent mover as well. Anyway, the racket should make the trick, no worries about that.

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Maybe I should stick with 645 sq. cm. (100 sq. in.) and some 320 strung (305 unstrung). Or this is to light for big shots. My wrist would love something light.

·
Registered
160 Posts
if you are a beginner and bad mover you will get a lot of mishits with smaller headsizes.
open strings (16 x ? ) will get you more margin of error if you take big cuts at the ball (weak returns ect.) and it will help your 2nd serve.

dense string pattern (18x20) will get you more precision and less spin.

keep in mind if you play a lot you will have to restring open pattern raquets a lot more because they WILL break a lot more.
Everything else is matter of taste. If you can get a good raquet from a friend or other source playtest it and buy it for a low price because new raquets are expensive and not necessarily better.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Maybe I should stick with 645 sq. cm. (100 sq. in.) and some 320 strung (305 unstrung). Or this is to light for big shots. My wrist would love something light.
There is no wrong or right. There are players like berdych with compact swings and heavy raquets or some guys with very light frames like nadal. They make it work because they prefer certain behaviour (nadal more scrambling for shots lighter frame) (berdych aggressive baseliner heavy strokes with a lot of power generated from swing +weight)

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
if you are a beginner and bad mover you will get a lot of mishits with smaller headsizes.
open strings (16 x ? ) will get you more margin of error if you take big cuts at the ball (weak returns ect.) and it will help your 2nd serve.

dense string pattern (18x20) will get you more precision and less spin.

keep in mind if you play a lot you will have to restring open pattern raquets a lot more because they WILL break a lot more.
Everything else is matter of taste. If you can get a good raquet from a friend or other source playtest it and buy it for a low price because new raquets are expensive and not necessarily better.
I am not begginer. I am playing for years. One or two times per week. I played with BLX Pro Tour. But actually I took classes first time this winter. So we actually can talk I just started to play :D

There is no wrong or right. There are players like berdych with compact swings and heavy raquets or some guys with very light frames like nadal. They make it work because they prefer certain behaviour (nadal more scrambling for shots lighter frame) (berdych aggressive baseliner heavy strokes with a lot of power generated from swing +weight)
Yes.

That is the reason I took this racket.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I used the prostaff 90- from the kfactor to the current one. but from what i noticed, they are very sensitive on strings. once i play them for more than one set. the strings will lose their playability and i have switch. i have been trying yonex 93 and so far not very string sensitive.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Im playing the dunlop f3.0 . So far im satisfied with the frame. 18x20 not too heavy and very precise and despite the dense sting pattern offers good spin and very few restrings. Playing a lot recently about 3-4 times /week for at least 1 hour.
If i could afford it i would certainly play with open string pattern but once i had one of these i had to restring like every 2 weeks and its not like i mishit a lot. But its certainly nice, because it offers you with the right swing a lot of spin for free and pushing the opposition out of court. Especially on crosscourt swings. Tt also helps you with passing shots.

1.93 about 95 kg.Im a so-so mover aggressive player with good serve forehand , one handed backhand and shit volleys(doesnt matter im hogging the baseline).

·
Registered
160 Posts
I used the prostaff 90- from the kfactor to the current one. but from what i noticed, they are very sensitive on strings. once i play them for more than one set. the strings will lose their playability and i have switch. i have been trying yonex 93 and so far not very string sensitive.
i guess you canadians play a lot of indoors :)

·
Unregistered User
9,588 Posts
Wow dude you're on a roll. Maybe you should start working on your movement, technique, footwork etc. before worrying about buying a 170 bucks stick? A new racket will do your game no good if you don't improve your fundamentals, but that's pretty obvious.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Wow dude you're on a roll. Maybe you should start working on your movement, technique, footwork etc. before worrying about buying a 170 bucks stick? A new racket will do your game no good if you don't improve your fundamentals, but that's pretty obvious.
This is the absolute truth. Equipment can only help so much. but at the end of the day. it's the man behind the gun.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts