Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a thread addressing this a few weeks back, but the writer wasn't referring to "junk" in its tennis sense. However, I liked the idea, and have decided to start a thread that refers junk in its true meaning. The thought behind this thread is quite simple: who puts the heaviest topsin and/or slice on the ball, and (as a secondary question) who uses incredibly heavy topspin and/or slice most effectively.
I would appreciate your thoughts and thank you in advance.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Roddick is a master of both the slice backhand and heavy topspin forehand.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'd go with Nadal for the consistent use of heaviest topspin. Slice, I don't know, Fed and Santoro.

·
Banned
1,472 Posts
Andreev and Nadal, and probably in that order, at least in terms of topspin relative to the other parts of their game

·
Banned
1,472 Posts
I nominate either James Blake or Marquis de Sod for LEAST topspin (off top of my head, at least)

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Emilio Sanchez had an excellent slice! Seriously, Federer uses the slice most efficiently. For many players, slice is just a weak ball with no pace and speed but Federer has a very deep and fast slice. He could use it more though.

As for topspin, I'd have to go with Nadal. But sometimes even his shots are too short and land on the service line.

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,503 Posts
Kent Carlsson.

Santoro for the slice.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
PMK's man Carlsson and I remember Sergei B. having more topspin that Nadal but they'd be pretty similar.

Pat Rafter had a brutal slice on every stroke when he wanted.

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,503 Posts
Bruguera did get more RPMs on the ball than Nadal does now. The question is who hit the most topspin, not whose was more effective.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts