Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Australian Open has decided to name and shame the worst offenders and Roger Federer is in the bottom 10 of 41 players.

Djokovic achieved a success rate of 60% and Nadal had 73% success rate, both of which are exceptional. Nadal and Djokovic made the Top 10 and are in reality ranked 1 and 2 as the players above them made so few challenges and/or were eliminated early in the tournament that their results are statistically insignificant.

Federer made 21 challenges on his route to the semis and was correct ONLY ON 5 occasions (23.8% success rate). No wonder Federer was against it. He either makes those terrible challenges to break the opponents momentum (which worked against Tipsarevic) or he needs his eyes examined.

Most people on MTF will accuse Novak for lack of sportsmanship (ball bouncing, medicals etc.), hell even Federer did, but he should take a better look at some of his own actions.

here's the link

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/scores/challenge/index.html

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
sorry...I meant one of the worst abusers

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I love when it Fedtards get defensive.

Reactions: Mimi

·
MONSOON season.
82,871 Posts
Roger :lol:

But he played every single match on that court with Hawkeye. You can hardly make a fair comparison if not all players played an equal amount of matches on court with Hawkeye coverage.

·
MONSOON season.
82,871 Posts
BTW note how Ana Ivanovic has an even worse record.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Roger :lol:

But he played every single match on that court with Hawkeye. You can hardly make a fair comparison if not all players played an equal amount of matches on court with Hawkeye coverage.
I know that, I was just comparing him to top 3, all of which played on main courts.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
♥ eve ♥
40,985 Posts
I know that, I was just comparing him to top 3, all of which played on main courts.
Your point being? Nadal and Djokovic are angels while Federer is a sore loser/cheater?

We get it now, time to move on and get a life ;)

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
Someone should tell Federer that some of his challenges were so pathetic they made him look really stupid, even taking into account that he's been against the Hawkeye from the beginning.
Three challenges per set were one too many IMO, giving players chances not only to challenge the calls they thought were wrong, but also to challenge it just to check the call was correct, or to get time to regroup or disrupt the opponent's rhythm in worst cases.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Your point being? Nadal and Djokovic are angels while Federer is a sore loser/cheater?

We get it now, time to move on and get a life ;)
No...Novak has his moments and he's criticized all the time and nobody ever talks about Roger. Taking a "fake" medical to change momentum is no different to making ridiculous challenges. Both are done to achieve the same result. Fed is no stranger to sportsmanship himself.

·
♥ eve ♥
40,985 Posts
No...my point is the opposite. Fed is no stranger to sportsmanship himself.
Ok I get it.

Yesterday you showed us he was an arrogant and sore loser and today you show us he's a cheater as well.

Guess tomorrow you'll make a thread about how he's responsible of the world's starving...

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,508 Posts
It's funny about Roger with Hawkeye because he is either very right or very wrong. I've seen a couple of matches where he challenged repeatedly and got nearly every challenge spot on, overturning calls. But these are few and far between. More often, he is pretty useless and just challenges willy nilly and when you see the replay, the ball is so far away from the line that the line isn't even shown on the screen.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It's funny about Roger with Hawkeye because he is either very right or very wrong. I've seen a couple of matches where he challenged repeatedly and got nearly every challenge spot on, overturning calls. But these are few and far between. More often, he is pretty useless and just challenges willy nilly and when you see the replay, the ball is so far away from the line that the line isn't even shown on the screen.
I cringe every time that happens. He doesn't look embarrassed when it happens though.

·
Registered
7,697 Posts
No...Novak has his moments and he's criticized all the time and nobody ever talks about Roger. Taking a "fake" medical to change momentum is no different to making ridiculous challenges. Both are done to achieve the same result. Fed is no stranger to sportsmanship himself.
Hello Celine Dion. :)

1 - 20 of 107 Posts