Mens Tennis Forums banner

Having a gut and dating, whats the deuce?

• Men have it tougher in dating if they have a beer gut

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Women have it tougher to find men if they have a beer gut

Votes: 13 76.5%
  • Its about the same

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • I really dont know

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup, the dreaded rolls. Having a beer belly. A pot gut. A keg. A few extra pounds. The love handles.

The curves.

Who copes best?

I think, in general, society is quite tougher on women being overweight. I think overweight men are judged less.

HOWEVER,

I see plenty of very overweight women with far far more dating partners than ive ever dreamed of having.

Having a gut, does it turn off women more? Or are men more likely to go for the skinnier option (if there is one)?

Strictly speaking, men are said to be shallower, therefore men with guts should get gfs easier than women with guts..

However..im not sure it works that way..cause its easier for women to begin with. Its not a level playing field.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

VS

Whos gonna get more action?

·
Banned
10,825 Posts
If you have a gut, a mustache and are an alleged pedophile, most likely, you're screwed. Sadly for you, figuratively.

·
Registered
13,526 Posts
They're both equally disgusting. I don't mind a slight gut (though I definitely prefer abs :hearts:) but nothing like in the pictures please.

I think fat girls get teased a lot more than fat guys though.

(Can't believe I'm taking this thread seriously. :facepalm:)

·
Registered
7,805 Posts
Men get away with anything if they have money. Women usually don't build the gut until after they have a stable partner. So if you find a woman with a really big gut that doesn't have a partner it's a major warning sign. She could turn into a whale.

On the other hand many of the women with a few extra pounds are good at cooking and not one of those that mostly live of salad. So depends a bit on what you're after I guess

There is a reason that many of the fat people I know also have fat partners :) It's often a lifestyle thing and having a gut could actually increase your chances to date someone else with a gut. Sends some signals you know

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
Both is equally disgusting. Mainly if it's really because of beer :p

·
Banned
10,825 Posts
Some women wait to become pregnant to whale out and never look back.

Poor young fathers. That is why so many of them look like they haven't received a good blow job in ages: they are afraid that that Jabba the Hut looking thing that used to be their high school sweetheart would actually eat their penis.

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Men have it easier with guts.

Even with Hollywood, you see plenty of shows where you have a chubby guy with a skinny wife. Thinking of Knocked Up or shows like King of Queens.

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Men rate looks first, personality doesn't matter. This means Women with large guts are less likely to be approached by Bilbo. Time to grow those guts, ladies.

Reactions: Li Ching Yuen

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
:spit:
I'll be waiting for posters to post their pictures over here in some twenty years time. :D

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
:spit:
I'll be waiting for posters to post their pictures over here in some twenty years time. :D
That's what they've been telling my mother for 20 years already. Now at 49 she still weighs 50 kg :lol:

·
Registered
97,310 Posts
i dont know
a girl with a pretty face, charming smile and generally well kept in other way than being slim (hair, nails done) gets action for sure too
they are also usually very friendly people, and who doesnt want to be around a funny and caring woman?

i guess it's the same about guys, if they're cool people they'd be getting chicks too

of course slimmer people have it easier, but only at first glance
i think face and smile is what matters most when you first look at someone anyway

and of course, you need to wear good clothes to hide disadvantages. women have it very easy to wear a dress to show boobs and hide the stomach, or show legs if they are better.

·
Registered
73,673 Posts
Men rate looks first, so it is more harmful for women. The face is more important than the body, though. Sometimes a bit of a gut can look cute on a girl. However, the best thing a woman can do to get approached as much as possible is to look as best as possible. This is why you see so many girls in the gym on the step machine.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Could this thread possibly have been titled more awkwardly?

It reads like one of those laughably incorrect grammar examples in a multiple-choice question in a standardized test, e.g.:

Which sentence is best?

A. Entering the room, the cat, going up to the milk, drinks.

B. The cat, to go up to the milk in the room, enters, and drinks it.

C. The cat enters the room, goes up to the milk, and drinks it.

D. Drinkingly entering the milk-containing room is the cat, who, going up to it, does.

And that's to say nothing of how absurdly disingenuous the question is in the first place.

·
Banned
10,825 Posts
Could this thread possibly have been titled more awkwardly?

It reads like one of those laughably incorrect grammar examples in a multiple-choice question in a standardized test, e.g.:

Which sentence is best?

A. Entering the room, the cat, going up to the milk, drinks.

B. The cat, to go up to the milk in the room, enters, and drinks it.

C. The cat enters the room, goes up to the milk, and drinks it.

D. Drinkingly entering the milk-containing room is the cat, who, going up to it, does.

And that's to say nothing of how absurdly disingenuous the question is in the first place.

Well somebody is still a virgin...

·
Banned
10,825 Posts
Look at that ass...

·
Your visions will happen
48,513 Posts
So long as it is not ridiculous, I don't mind a girl with some meat on her. I'd prefer her to a skin and bones skinny girl every day of the week.

Ladies, it is ok to have a few extra pounds.

Also, pregnant women are gorgeous, but in a different way.

·
Registered
73,673 Posts
Men rate looks first, personality comes second. This means Women with large guts are less likely to be approached by Bilbo. Time to grow those guts, ladies.
I just corrected you.

I like your sarcastic posts about men and looks of women. It has been proven since many decades that men rate looks first. If you do not believe that, it is your problem. Ever heard conversations of men about women? Usually the first question that pops up is "How does she look like?". For women it is usually "How is he like?". Guess why women spent 2 hours in the bathroom before going to the club. They know their chance is highest, the better they look. That is why a lot of girls look hot in the club, but average on the next day. You also rarely see ugly girls in a club, because they know they have no real chance.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts