Mens Tennis Forums banner

41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
My Sister wants me to be clean shaven for her wedding. Shit times man. Look too young when clean shaven :(.
You should purposely grow a Ho Chi Minh style beard just to spite her and the hour before the wedding, shave it off.

I always have. And I hate myself without bread. If I don't have to, I never shave.
Same here, I love bread. Can't imagine how Djokovic survives being gluten-free.

·
Registered
937 Posts
I've been having beard for one month or so and according to most people I look better with it.
And that 95% stat is shit. A lot of girls I know prefer men with beard (better a well cared than a lazy one) cause they think they look more masculine and attractive. My boyfriend agrees.

·
Registered
12,617 Posts
Also have to disagree with whoever said 95% of women like clean shave, which is a bunch of bullshit. Besides, I don't want a girl who is always nagging me to shave. Let me be me, and I'll find the right girl, who loves my facial and body hair
Yeah that is nonsense. Unshaven is in these days. Maybe not mountain men beards but facial hair is attractive to many girls.

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Bumping this because I just had a beard-related Eureka moment.

On my second serious beard attempt now and I just realised one of the main reasons why beards look unkempt is that people think the moustache should be the same length as the hair on the chin and cheeks. I'm trying out a new strategy now where I keep it rather shorter, about 2/3 of the length of the rest of the beard. Looks much more balanced.

You're welcome.

·
10,297 Posts
I got a lazy beard. Aka I haven't shaven in a while.

I can grow an awesome beard and may ride this one out for a while and see where it goes.

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
Full beard. Get little growth on my cheeks however.

Used to have a lazy man's beard until it would grew out, at which point I'd shave above the lip to get a Lincoln beard. Only recently did the hair up there get thick enough to not look like a fifteen year old's mustache, so now I keep it too.

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Beard is very hipster these days.

I can't really grow one, the parts just don't connect :p. Moustache doesn't connect to the chin and neither connects to the sideburns. It doesn't really grow quickly either, aside from the sideburns.

Clean shaven + suit is the preferred style for work as well.

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Used to have a massive one. But it was just messy and looked like overgrown bumfluff. Then I was advised by an expert that the ladies do not like this. Never grew a beard again, constantly clean shaven. I admit.. I miss the bumfluff.

...Damn ladies.

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
It would be easier to judge with pictures, guys! ;)
Will post something when I am happy with the result, it's still in the slightly scruffy stage before all the little gaps get filled.

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Have the long thick sideburns and goatee combo come back into fashion yet? Methinks this needs to be brought back into mainstream. I imagine I'd get egged if I tried that right now.

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Have the long thick sideburns and goatee combo come back into fashion yet? Methinks this needs to be brought back into mainstream. I imagine I'd get egged if I tried that right now.
I'd personally steer clear of anything involving a goatee (the full one, connecting the moustache with the chin hair). But then again, it's a highly personal thing depending on the way your facial hair grows and most importantly, on your own preference.

On second thought, go for it. You might bring it back. :D

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
On second thought, go for it. You might bring it back. :D
That or not get any for the next five years after mates post pics of it on facebook.

.. Worth it.

·
Your visions will happen
47,141 Posts

·
Banned
44 Posts
Beard is very hipster these days.

I can't really grow one, the parts just don't connect :p. Moustache doesn't connect to the chin and neither connects to the sideburns. It doesn't really grow quickly either, aside from the sideburns.

Clean shaven + suit is the preferred style for work as well.
I bump this too because only several days ago I had a discussion with my one female friend about beards and what's better in fact for ladies, to be shaven or with a beard :smile2:
I don't think that beards are too hipster these days, in my opinion too hipster is that wish of many guys to grow a beard for becoming more masculine :smile2: But thinking so without any other character features which make a man really a man is so funny in fact! :grin2: And my friend deeply agreed with this :smile2: Also every woman has her own tastes for beards, for example, she likes both styles, except the stubble :laugh2:
And in my case I preferred to shave for the most years of my life but not so long ago I decided to grow a beard, a full one like on these photos http://machohairstyles.com/best-full-beard/ :smile2: My current one is short and I really like how it fits me :grin2:

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
Same here, I love bread. Can't imagine how Djokovic survives being gluten-free.
It's safe to say that a beard would just hamper him to play his best, but bread? Come on, there are alway gluten-free alternatives (w/o wheat, barley and oats), even gluten-free bread.

41 - 60 of 81 Posts