Mens Tennis Forums banner

Heve you been impressed by Gasquet in this TMC so far?

• yes

Votes: 32 88.9%
  • no

Votes: 4 11.1%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have to admit that he has impressed me,not necessarly because of his game(he has played better than that in the past) but more because of his mental strenght.
I know people will disagree but i truly think he has gotten stronger mentally.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Re: Are you impressed by Gasquet in this TMC so far?

I have to admit that he has impressed me,not necessarly because of his game(he has played better than that in the past) but more because of his mental strenght.
I know people will disagree but i truly think he has gotten stronger mentally.
Yes. I am impressed. I predicted that Gasquet will win the TMC. Let's see if it turns out. His forehand in transition still sucks, but he made up with exhilarating backhands down the line.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Yes. I am impressed. I predicted that Gasquet will win the TMC. Let's see if it turns out. His forehand in transition still sucks, but he made up with exhilarating backhands down the line.

The ironic thing is that in some positions(when he has to run for example),when he really goes for it,his forehand is great.

·
Registered
772 Posts

The ironic thing is that in some positions(when he has to run for example),when he really goes for it,his forehand is great.
I always fancy his chances against flat hard hitters. Against Djokovic too. I was pretty disappointed the way he played Ferrer in Tokyo. I hope he wins that match on Thursday. It'd be great to see him in the Semifinals.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I always fancy his chances against flat hard hitters. Against Djokovic too. I was pretty disappointed the way he played Ferrer in Tokyo. I hope he wins that match on Thursday. It'd be great to see him in the Semifinals.

I think he was just really tired that day by his two weeks in Asia.
He could barely moved.

·
Registered
772 Posts

I think he was just really tired that day by his two weeks in Asia.
He could barely moved.
I lived in Mumbai and know how draining playing tennis there can be. Indian tournaments need to grow some sense and start building some indoor courts because its impossible to play in that weather in India.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I haven't seen him play this week, but he's won three sets and lost two, which is more than what most predicted he'd do, particularly Bad Religion who said he'd go 0-3 in wins, and 0-6 in sets. :ras:

Although just by wins/scores alone, yes, I am impressed. Solid shot at the SF.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts