Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
Re: Have any of you guys ever hit around with a pro (or future pro)?

I did it also once against a player from Futures circuit and lost 0-6 0-6. I had a game point twice :)

·
Registered
17,866 Posts

I hit with Jesse Witten as warmup for a ProAm mixed doubles (Mike Yani was my partner) and it took Jesse a year to recover from the damage I did to his game. ;)

I hit with Horia Tecau for about 15 minutes in 2006 before Ilija B. kicked us off the court. I was sucking wind like I had just run a mile. He hit the heaviest ball I had ever dealt with and it nearly killed me (in between laughing our heads off at how badly I suck at tennis). :lol:

Justin and Jan-Michael have both promised to hit with me 'some day' so I've got that to look forward to, but both have said they will only do it if I start playing regularly again which I haven't done in over a year. Perhaps I'll dust off my racquet when the rain stops. :)

Reactions: Komodo

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,509 Posts

I hit with Jesse Witten as warmup for a ProAm mixed doubles (Mike Yani was my partner) and it took Jesse a year to recover from the damamge I did to his game. ;)

I hit with Horia Tecau for about 15 minutes in 2006 before Ilija B. kicked us off the court. I was sucking wind like I had just run a mile. He hit the heaviest ball I had ever dealt with and it nearly killed me (in between laughing our heads off at how badly I suck at tennis). :lol:

Justin and Jan-Michael have both promised to hit with me 'some day' so I've got that to look forward to, but both have said they will only do it if I start playing regularly again which I haven't done in over a year. Perhaps I'll dust off my racquet when the rain stops. :)
They said, "hit with", not "hit on", sweetie

;)

·
Registered
17,866 Posts

They said, "hit with", not "hit on", sweetie

;)
Despite the rumours, none of them has ever hit on me. A few others have, but I will never mention their names.

Smartypants. :ras:

·
Registered
17,866 Posts

I don't know how much longer his back can take it. He's been hitting a lot down in Melbourne, trying to stay in some kind of shape for a few exo and Senior matches here and there I suppose.

Yeah, the weather really sucks, but we need this rain desperately. Would love to see Folsom Lake all filled up again.

·
Registered
17,866 Posts

I'm pretty sure his diving days are behind him, even on grass. I hope so anyway.

By the way, I love your use of the transitive property in the first post. :lol:

·
Retired Party Hostess
14,983 Posts

Despite the rumours, none of them has ever hit on me. A few others have, but I will never mention their names.
Ceramic monkey lamps and PM'S with details are awesome...just sayin'. :angel:

·
Registered
207 Posts

well i sorta know one freshman on the UCLA tennis team who played doubles with the Bryan Brother's at Oprahs house in Santa Barbara. True story.

·
Registered
4,626 Posts

I've hit with the Bryan brothers at this tennis clinic they had in my hometown and one of my tennis instructors was part of the Greek national team (or something like that)

·
Registered
2,615 Posts

My brother has a friend on the Cornell tennis team who claims he once trained with Djokovic and he said Djokovic was not that good and was a real asshole. My brother honestly said that, I have no idea if the guy is telling the truth though. My brother likes Novak so he wouldn't be making it up.

·
Registered
191 Posts

Bree Ripner in 2000, and john newcomb at his facility in San Antino.

·
Registered
63 Posts

As a junior I hit with Bryan Shelton and trained w/ Serena Williams at Rick Maccis, when she was 13 I was 12, even then she hit the ball so hard and physically so strong. I played Joachim Johannson in the 12s Orange Bowl, I just remember he was this big kid, and had the biggest kick serve I had ever seen. I played Roddick numerous times in juniors, played him in the 12s, 16s in doubles and the 18s, and I actually still have the tape from the 18s.
Played in a pro-am against Stan Smith, Gene Mayer and Mal Washington. Despite their age, all these guys hit the ball so cleanly. I too played Warburg and Delic.

·
Registered
6,938 Posts

i played with Marats balls

·
Registered
20,212 Posts

As a junior I hit with Bryan Shelton.
I remember him. He had fast serve & nice attacking game and is still a record holder in the longest winning tie-break on clay. He beat surprisingly Emilio Sanchez 7-6(16) 4-6 6-3 in the 2nd round in Bologna 1994 :yeah:

·
Registered
63 Posts

here is a funny story about Serena Williams, so first time I hit with her, we rally from the baseline, then after about 20 minutes, I go ahead and take volleys. Well...when I come to the net, Richard who is on the sideline, is directing Serena to hit the ball harder and go ahead and "Hit him, Hit him Serena." Richard sees that I am struggling at the net w/ her pace, despite that he continues on. I will never forget this the next thing you know, Serena starts just annihilating the ball, knocking the cover off it, I am bascially about to fall over b/c the ball was coming so hard, as I am on my back foot. I was a skinny small kid back then and Serena was physically superior to me. But, she did not let up, luckily she did not hit me. I will never forget that.

·
Registered
5,237 Posts

I think I did with Hank Pfister. Can't really remember. :lol:

1 - 20 of 60 Posts