Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 340 Posts

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been able to access WTA World since early this morining Eastern Standard Time. I haven't noticed any other posters commenting on being unable to access WTA World for most of today. Any information would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Chris! I tried to access the WTA World, but I got one message that said something about there possibly being too many visitors to WTA World. Is that a real possibility? If so, how does that problem get corrected?

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm on a Laptop. Could that be the reason I saw that message? Oh well. The bottom line is WTA World is unavailable. And it's been slow lately, too.

·
Registered
472 Posts
It takes me about 10 minutes to load each page...by the third page it tells me it cant connect...I've been trying to get on all evening. I notice a lot of the forums have no new posts, but theres still 100+ people online, so it must be really slow for everyone.

·
Registered
217 Posts
It usually happens around this time. Its really frustrating and I wonder if they'll ever find a way to make it like it used to be:mad:

And it seems to be going on longer today:confused::fiery:

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Didn't this happen to the Sanex WTA message board before it closed down for good almost 1 year ago? I hope WTA World doesn't have the same fate.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
JonBcn said:
It takes me about 10 minutes to load each page...by the third page it tells me it cant connect...I've been trying to get on all evening. I notice a lot of the forums have no new posts, but theres still 100+ people online, so it must be really slow for everyone.
Exactly the same for me.

·
Registered
611 Posts
the server is no longer adequate... the site demands very powerful, very expensive dual dedicated servers

until we get them, this will continue.... we will explore our options and make every attempt to get the site where it should be performance wise, but to be perfectly honest with you, I have no idea at this point if and when it will happen

there are no plans at this time to close the site

·
Registered
472 Posts
Poe, is it something we can help out with?

I dont know how expensive the servers you need are, but I'm sure theres a lot of regular posters who have used the board for quite some time who wouldnt mind making a voluntary donation to try to clear up the problem. I know I wouldnt mind anyway. I've been trying to post for ages and its impossible; and the situation will, I would have thought, only get worse as we get to the US Open and traffic increases. Its putting me off logging on at all.

Anyway, dont be scared to ask us if you think its something we might be able to help with; after all its a free site that has a lot of dedicated followers, and we wouldnt want to lose it. :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
oh my god,,,,i cannot access the freaking wtaworld all freaking day long,and i loveeeeeeeee it.
come on people do something.theres like billion people who like that site,i will freaking pay too!!!!
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

·
Registered
611 Posts
just letting you know i DO realize exactly how bad the situation is... as most days, I cannot visit the site at all. In fact the only times I have been able to load a single page are at very late hours of the night here.

we are keeping an open mind for ALL options.. so I do appreciate the gesture from those of you who wish to help out

I'll let you know as soon as i know anything more about a resolution :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
hey poe,is this your site I mean are you webmaster or..

so just please answer me this if you can,will I be able to visit the site tonight,coz if not then i dont have to wait here like I've been doing since this morning.
Thanx
;)

·
Registered
611 Posts
i can't tell you when the site will be accessable or not... I don't really visit it frequently enough to have learned the pattern of when it's down... i just know that during the day EST, it's almost never accessable for me

and no this is not my site I just help run it

·
Registered
472 Posts
Heh....I thought people would be keen to do whatever's necessary to help.

NB: Perhaps elect someone other than Dahveed to be treasurer ;)

Another thing I thought maybe might help (but then I havent got a clue what i'm talking about)...I assume it would give you more server space if you removed some forums? How about getting rid of the past tournaments forums? They're locked anyway and so are only for reference, I cant imagine they get many hits, except maybe for the couple of weeks immediately prior. Or is it not a space issue, but a power thing? As you can see, I havent a clue about servers and stuff!

1 - 20 of 340 Posts