Mens Tennis Forums banner

Has Victor Estrella Burgos been inducted to the MTF Hall of Fame?

• Yes, he deserves it

Votes: 17 73.9%
  • No, he does not deserve it.

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Other

Votes: 1 4.3%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The MTF Hall of Fame doesn't have slam requirements, nor RG requirements...all it requires is that you are something of legend.

We cling on to these players, regardless of talent, rank, temper. All we know is that they are legends, plus they are loved by a large portion of MTF, which is really rare occasion!

Some examples:

Dr. Ivo
Dreddy Brown
King Oscar Hernandez
Daniel Brands (Brandwagon)
Warlocq
Safin

So the question remains, is VEB officially on the list?

·
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, he is there for a long time already...Mugchi, where have you been? :p
It hasn't been that long and I wasn't too sure it has been recognized by everyone.

·
Som i Serem
16,500 Posts
I think you are forgetting Ljuba Truba and Crazy Dani Koellerer.

But yeah, VEB sounds like a fairy tale and should be included in MTF Hall of Fame in my opinion.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
I don't even know who is this mug. :wavey:

·
Your visions will happen
48,517 Posts

·
Registered
11,122 Posts
Someone like him gives people hope. This guy literally was unsuccessful until really late in his career and he never gave up. He eventually reaped the rewards due to diligence.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I remembered seeing US Open tennis highlights of this 'old guy' playing from the Dominican Republic

And I just said to myself, arent you a little too old to be still playing (34)? Shouldnt you be doing something else with your life now that you havent made it as a tennis player?

He'll probably say that he loves the game too much, or has a false sense of delusion thinking that he'll win a grand slam one day

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
53,535 Posts
I remembered seeing US Open tennis highlights of this 'old guy' playing from the Dominican Republic

And I just said to myself, arent you a little too old to be still playing (34)? Shouldnt you be doing something else with your life now that you havent made it as a tennis player?

He'll probably say that he loves the game too much, or has a false sense of delusion thinking that he'll win a grand slam one day
'Haven't made it' is a very borderline statement. He manages to make his living playing on a mix of ATP World Tour and challenger events. He made the top 100 just last year and won his first ATP tour title in Quito this year defeating Feli Lopez in the final, aged 33. Now he's Top 50. And there's no delusion. He knows his targets and is living the moment. He's doing very well for his age peaking very late but that's no reason to call quits if you can sustain yourself.

Similarly, Karlovic says he's doing too well to simply retire.
By your standard, Tommy Haas should have retired ages ago but he's going to try and give one more shot (at 37!)
Michael Berrer, who beat Nadal at Doha is playing his very last year for the sake of moving on to bigger things with his family. So it's a personal choice really.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts