• No

Votes: 82 80.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Banned
10,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there were times when YEC was treated with way more respect and given far more importance.......those battles of becker, sampras, ivanisevic, lendl, borg etc. certainly helped this tournament gain a meaningful existence.......

homogenization of surfaces and disappearing variety in the last 7 or 8 years have certainly shifted the sport of tennis a lot more towards baseline duels......

the game has become physically a lot more demanding and the match-lengths have started to increase.......that increased the average time spent by players in matches through out the year and there was a significant amount of increase in workload noticed......

all that lead to a lot more wear and tear and players walking into the WTF in hopeless condition with all sorts of injuries and stuff......

it's not for nothing that the tournament is now widely remarked as "world toast finals" pointing out the stupidity of its timing......

another reason contributing to the reducing significance of the tournament is that there's no constant place for the event......the nomadic tournament is moved every once in 3 years to a different city......

all this is giving an impression that the players don't really give too much importance to this event and play it only for the heck of it and for some loose cash at the end of the season......it was too obvious in the 2011 edition......

only those players who saved some energy for this event and less spent through out the year seem to be doing well in this namesake season end event......

not only discuss this topic but also feel free to think of solutions to get this tournament back to where it once was in players' minds......

Reactions: dodo

·
Registered
13,526 Posts
there were times when YEC was treated with way more respect and given far more importance.......those battles of becker, sampras, ivanisevic, lendl, borg etc. certainly helped this tournament gain a meaningful existence.......

homogenization of surfaces and disappearing variety in the last 7 or 8 years have certainly shifted the sport of tennis a lot more towards baseline duels......

the game has become physically a lot more demanding and the match-lengths have started to increase.......that increased the average time spent by players in matches through out the year and there was a significant amount of increase in workload noticed......

all that lead to a lot more wear and tear and players walking into the WTF in hopeless condition with all sorts of injuries and stuff......

it's not for nothing that the tournament is now widely remarked as "world toast finals" pointing out the stupidity of its timing......

another reason contributing to the reducing significance of the tournament is that there's no constant place for the event......the nomadic tournament is moved every once in 3 years to a different city......

all this is giving an impression that the players don't really give too much importance to this event and play it only for the heck of it and for some loose cash at the end of the season......it was too obvious in the 2011 edition......

only those players who saved some energy for this event and less spent through out the year seem to be doing well in this namesake season end event......

not only discuss this topic but also feel free to think of solutions to get this tournament back to where it once was in players' minds......
"Widely" meaning a total of one, meaning you?

·
Registered
9,432 Posts
Start Da Coin. :haha:

Hey guess what? 6 > 5 and there ain't shit you can do about it. Bitter much?

·
Banned
10,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Start Da Coin. :haha:

Hey guess what? 6 > 5 and there ain't shit you can do about it. Bitter much?
shut it, i din't mean to make it a comparison thread......if i wanted to, i would have gladly said,

5 best of 5 sets WTF titles in better competition >>> 6 most of which best of 3 sets titles(chicken titles) in weak competition with worn out players

i wanted to collect some suggestions for the improvement of the tournament......

·
Registered
20,715 Posts
question for mods . how many this kind of threads you have to open to get an infraction for forum disruptions ?

·
Banned
95,412 Posts
enough clown

just coz Nadal has gone downhill and is as bad as the Indian cricket team, dont aggrivate everyone else

·
Registered
645 Posts
I was suspecting that this was too much logical for start da fail and it all became clear with the jab to Federer´s win.

Get over it nutter.

·
Banned
10,825 Posts
Another quality thread from General Whankar.

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,427 Posts
SdG, you and other Nadaltards only hate WTF because Nadal sucks in it and gets owned. Stop moaning about it and just accept that your hero will never get his hands on that trophy.

·
Banned
10,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
such a sour bunch, it's almost ridiculous, shit......i have been criticizing this damn event ever since the end of us open and i am accused of being sour and whatnot......with this kind of oversensitive nonsense, i am disinterested and demotivated to enter GM these days......

go ahead you ultra sensitive clowns, cry with mods and destroy every single thread which is capable of generating innovative ideas and healthy discussions......

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
:facepalm: Oh ffs...

·
Registered
12,633 Posts
it's not for nothing that the tournament is now widely remarked as "world toast finals"
didn't realise you were physically so rotund that you could refer to your unique observation as "widely remarked"

·
Registered
14,842 Posts
i downloaded some matches from 90's YEC, will watch them and will say about the truth. wait for it.

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
It lost its charm already after 96 when Becker retired. All WTF since have not really lived up to the old days, but same thing happened to Wimbledon in 2000s when serve and volley died.

Anyway, you gotta love TMC 2005.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Hah Ha Ha ..SdG at it again...this guy is a treat..roger made me happy last night and SdG is making me laugh tonight...Tks!

And now, on topic...u spoke about the times of lendl or borg. Tell me , pls, when did u start watching WTF? Judging by your behaviour, I highly doubt u'v lived to witness the times of borg, jmac and lendl.

So this tells me this is a hater-troller thread...

Put your hand on the Holly Bible and tell me i am wrong :)

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
and the climax of my joy was reading that you want us to propose solutions for improvememnt :) Ha Ha

I like WTF exactly like it is :)

Let the atp officials judge that by the tv market shares , audiences worldwide and by taking into account the players' opinnions.

Propose solutions to rebrand WTF ...Ha Ha Ha...

U really made my evening, u little troll :)

1 - 20 of 138 Posts