Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
21,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both fastest serve and average serve almost 10 km/h faster than in his last match, back to the level he normally serves at :confused:

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
Both fastest serve and average serve almost 10 km/h faster than in his last match, back to the level he normally serves at :confused:
In this Spanish paper/site, they say he is lowering it as precuation on medical advise but they are expecting him to up the speed for later rounds (Ferrer/possibly Djokovic)..I think there is something not right with the back; so they are not taking any chances..

Su tío y entrenador lo explicaba en declaraciones recogidas por El País: “Sacamos sin forzar demasiado, no va muy fuerte, y así es más fácil que te ataquen”. Pero todo está dentro del plan trazado con los médicos, que desde la final de Melbourne le han venido controlando el complicado regreso al pleno rendimiento de una zona crucial de su cuerpo, aquella que sufre en las torsiones más exigentes a las que obliga el tenis. Lleva un vendaje desde entonces, y en los entrenamientos tampoco está forzando, aunque la idea es que, a partir de cuartos, donde además asoma el cruce con el rocoso David Ferrer, ya no haya más remedio que probarse al máximo.
http://www.elconfidencial.com/deportes/tenis/2014-06-02/los-problemas-de-espalda-el-saque-debil-y-las-siete-vidas-de-rafa-nadal_139758/

I guess we will see what is going on here..

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
I'm guessing it flared up a bit in training in the first few days, and they went into damage control and Nadal served slower for a couple of matches where he didn't need the big serve as a precaution in case it actually did get serious. Hopefully today indicates things are ok on that front, we'll know for sure next match because he HAS to serve stronger against Ferrer.

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
he was never "injured" in the first damn place

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Nope, he's just getting advantage of his draw only to use the serve again against Ferrer, Murray and Djokovic.

·
Registered
176 Posts
In this Spanish paper/site, they say he is lowering it as precuation on medical advise but they are expecting him to up the speed for later rounds (Ferrer/possibly Djokovic)..I think there is something not right with the back; so they are not taking any chances..

http://www.elconfidencial.com/deportes/tenis/2014-06-02/los-problemas-de-espalda-el-saque-debil-y-las-siete-vidas-de-rafa-nadal_139758/

I guess we will see what is going on here..
LOL this can't be real?! Do you buy this? Why would you tank your serve, like even against a weak opponent free service points are key, and even then why would he serve faster against lajovic who wouldn't win even if Nadal only had a second serve the entire match? Heck he could serve underarm..

You do know this is a Spanish paper, and they wanted all the blood bags from Operation puerta destroyed right? And they defended all their athletes, and in Madrid recently booed an injured Nishikori... The Spanish papers are just covering for Nadal when in the final he is serving faster than he has all tournament

To answer the OP simply, to all Nadal fans, yes his injury healed overnight, oR Nadal is such a clay warrior he fights through the pain to serve faster against mugs who he doesn't need to endure all that pain to serve faster against :banana: :clown:

·
Registered
291 Posts
Nadal's injury was just a little less, that's all. It's very premature to imply he isn't injured.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Nadal never said he was injured. It was Toni who said something about it.
And that rubbish story about them wanting all blood bags destroyed...

Nadal himself said in public he wanted those blood bags preserved so that truth could get to the surface.
I just can't stand people always insinuating Nadal might do things that are fishy.

He just works his arse off to be able to do what he does.
Everyone who sees his training routine says it's just spartanlike.

Just like Cristiono Ronaldo whom people are often jealous of, they both are a perfect example of hard workers to achieve where there are today.

·
Registered
21,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nadal never said he was injured. It was Toni who said something about it.
And that rubbish story about them wanting all blood bags destroyed...

Nadal himself said in public he wanted those blood bags preserved so that truth could get to the surface.
I just can't stand people always insinuating Nadal might do things that are fishy.

He just works his arse off to be able to do what he does.
Everyone who sees his training routine says it's just spartanlike.

Just like Cristiono Ronaldo whom people are often jealous of, they both are a perfect example of hard workers to achieve where there are today.
lol nope, Toni said Nadal is fine and a couple of days later Nadal said his back is bothering him.

The sad part is that the rest of your post is even less informed.

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
He has said the back is not important...

“I felt it a little bit from the beginning [of the tournament],” Nadal said. “In the second match I was not serving that fast either.” Nadal, who had his back taped, was reluctant to go into further details. “I’d rather not talk about my back,” he said at his post-match press conference. “I’ll do my best. I’ll play as well as I can. I’ll put up a good fight to try and win. My back is not that important. I wouldn’t really like to give you too many details.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/tennis/french-open-2014-rafael-nadal-and-gael-monfils-win-to-reach-fourth-round-9466112.html
Clearly it is not so bad that it is going to cost him a match... It's just a niggle which may or may not be affecting the speed of his serve a little bit. :shrug:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts