1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
His game is still ugly but...

1. He doesn't mess about and plays fast
2. He gave a big FU to the New York crowd
3. He can behave like a dick, but more of a lovable dick and can actually back it up with his tennis (unlike Kyrgios)
4. He's capable of beating anyone
5. He's prone to a tantrum but is ice cold and constantly has a smirk on his face
6. He reminds me of Waluigi
6. "Man, you better shut your fuck up, okay?" and "He's a small kid who doesn't know how to fight" never fails to make me laugh

·
Super Moderator
12,307 Posts
:unsure: maybe if he would add a haircut and different return stance and look on face, but otherwise love his game

·
Premium Member
8,487 Posts
Definitely grown on me. He hasn't got a flashy game, but I like his 'no bullshit' attitude. He just gets on with it and doesn't seem to care whether he is liked or not and I admire that about him.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Yes. Love his rebel tendencies and his game. By appearance and demeanor though he looks like he would have topped out at 27 in the world. Interesting intriguing character for sure.

Reactions: Eliande

·
Registered
6,388 Posts
His game is not ugly, his strokes are very fluid (albeit a bit unorthodox) and somewhat effortless based on timing and flat hitting. On a quick court he is a joy to watch. Unfortunately he will struggle on the slower courts. Ugo Humbert is a similar case but with a different gamestyle. They are the future on quick indoor courts.

I've liked his game since Tokyo 2018

Saw the Wawrinka Wimbledon roast as well
Totally forgotten about that Wimbledon match, definitely going to check this one out.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
What did Medvedev do that is considered racist? Disputing a suspect bad overrule by a black chair umpire to help a black player?

Hewitt did the same thing vs Blake at US OPen, he believed the black linesperson was calling fake foot faults on him to help Blake and he spoke his mind about it. Freedom of speech.

Why is it illegal for blacks to be called out for corruption when they are highly suspected of helping black tennis players?

Reactions: ivanban

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Medvedev and Hewitt are not racist. They simply sensed corruption conspiring against them and announced it loudly.

Are we to believe that no black official would ever conspire to cheat a white player against a black player?

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
ive always admired his ability, cant say i would become a fan of his style, too defensive

·
Banned
70,522 Posts
i dont get why people say he plays ugly. for me his game is the most attractive by far in top 10

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
A bit too freaky for me, and his exhausted appearance after 2 games is a bad look.

Also seemed to start imitating Nadal's grunt in yesterday's match, which could show a lack of respect. Nadal should not be grunting of course, but at least he has 20 Slams to back it up.

·
Registered
3,786 Posts

1. He doesn't mess about and plays fast
2. He gave a big FU to the New York crowd
3. He can behave like a dick, but more of a lovable dick and can actually back it up with his tennis (unlike Kyrgios)
4. He's capable of beating anyone
5. He's prone to a tantrum but is ice cold and constantly has a smirk on his face
6. He reminds me of Waluigi
6. "Man, you better shut your fuck up, okay?" and "He's a small kid who doesn't know how to fight" never fails to make me laugh

1. Doesnt Give a Shit attittude on court, relaxed . Thumbs up
2. Off court too. Very genuine dude.
3. More like he responds in a bad temper whenever bullied. You wont fuck around with me stuff. Not a dick per se Imo.
4. Except Federer, he's game has minor flaws dealing variation and of course big flaws on CLAY.
5. A cold smiling killer , not afraid of anyone or crunch time situation . Bring it on !
6. Dont know who that is
7. Haha yeah , I liked that . Tsitsipas had it coming. I woulda resoonded like that.

All in all , he's a winner with the right attittude plus his unusual espadachin style grew on me . I used to hate it . Now he's a great addition at the top of the HC game . Lets see how he evolves at the green and red stuff.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts