Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He is in Rotterdam main draw, so I was wondering whether he is healthy or just trying to pull 2001 (playing injured just to keep the ranking)...

thanks!

·
Registered
370 Posts
I think he has learnt his lesson and isn't rushing things. As fo his ranking. He doesn't have any points from Rotterdam or Dubai anyway

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think his back too, but it was getting better at the AO and then he injured his wrist which forced him to withdraw.

I hope, Dina, you're right

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
I think he is not doing a Marat of 2001, is6. I hope. After the DC tie Tarpischev said that Marat should be fit and able to play in a week's time. He did not say anything about Marat's back, so I reckon it was no longer an issue even then.

My guess is that he needs some competitive play after quite a long break.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
He has definately learnt his lesson after 2001. He would have to be a complete idiot to do what he did again!!!
I guess we will find out if he is fully fit on Tuesday?
Great to see he is back. It's been to long

·
Registered
10,388 Posts
I hope so too is6.
Marat has matured and I think by now he knows that he shouldn't let one tournament or a bonus screw up the rest of his year.
He needs some match practice before IW and Miami, but I think he'll do just fine.

·
Registered
326 Posts
WELCOME BACK MARAT!!! I'VE MISSED YOU SO MUCH!!! TENNIS IS NOT THE SAME WITHOUT YOU!!!!!

·
Registered
444 Posts
I truly hope so, I guess we can take solace in the fact that he does learn from his mistakes and that right now he's with people who truly cares about him and have his best interest in their mind. :D :D

·
Registered
326 Posts
Everyone keeps talking about Andre having the #1 spot locked because LLeyton doesn't care anymore but I'm going on record Marat will be #1 at the end of the year.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
I think if Marat puts his mind to it. Which I think he will. He MIGHT just end the year #1

·
Registered
10,388 Posts
I also think he'll be the year end #1. He has a serious chance at all 3 GS's.
I would love to see him win wimbly

·
Registered
444 Posts
Can you imagine the traffic Sergei's site would have once Marat win another GS? It crashed when he won Bercy, what would happen if he win another GS? :bounce:

Come on Marat, please win another Grand Slam prove to the naysayers that you're not a one-slam wonder!!! :bounce:

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
I love sergei's website too!!

I hope that he come back with victores, without the dammit injuries.... I wish this so much :) COME BACK MARAT!!!!!!! Proof how you're a good player and that you can win another Grand Slam!! If possible, Us Open :pPPPPP

GO MARAT!!!!! You'll be the number 1!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts