Mens Tennis Forums banner

Are you as tired of Djokoking's trolls as I am?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
10,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since we all know that players decline as they age, both mentally and physically, have we seen the last of Djokovic playing at a high level in slams?

I mean look at the progression just this year! He went from winning the AO to not even reaching the QFs at his best surface here at the USO. If this progression continues, Nole won't even get out of the first round here at Paris.

To me it's obvious that his confidence has been irreparably damaged. Should Nole spare his fans the pain of suffering through a long decline by retiring?

·
Registered
600 Posts
I mean look at the progression just this year! He went from winning the AO to not even reaching the QFs at his best surface here at the USO. If this progression continues, Nole won't even get out of the first round here at Paris.
Backward progression is called regression. Just saying 🙄

To me it's obvious that his confidence has been irreparably damaged. Should Nole spare his fans the pain of suffering through a long decline by retiring?
No. More torturous years of success are ahead 🙁

·
Registered
533 Posts
If he has a lucky draw in Paris, he definitely will be able to reach QF. But that is it, very last steps. From what we see right now, next year his ranking will start to drop, and by the end of the year he will be a challenger level player.

·
Registered
600 Posts
If he has a lucky draw in Paris, he definitely will be able to reach QF. But that is it, very last steps. From what we see right now, next year his ranking will start to drop, and by the end of the year he will be a challenger level player.
He was a Top20 player even with one arm 😅

·
Registered
6,700 Posts
Off to the Ruins with ya, boy!

·
Registered
765 Posts
It appears MTF is particularly attractive to those with a funny bone for making pointless predictions. Must be the ancient oracle bone... "This warrior/these warriors will win/fail." Yeah thanks for that your highness.

·
Registered
16,671 Posts
What a whining thread.
Djokovic is still here to stay for a long time... Fedal not really too much longer. The word which you are looking for is mileage, tear-and-wear on the body, simple.

·
Registered
198 Posts
He did not reach QF in USO this year due to DQ so it is not an evidence of his decline
Predicting he will never reach slam QF again is extremely bold and somehow ridiculous.
I'd say he is still a massive favorite in slams, although slams are not safely in his bag anymore given the progression of Thiem and nextgens.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
As great as that would be, I sincerely doubt it lol. Defaultovic is still a favorite for slams and will be for at least the next year.

·
Premium Member
9,057 Posts
Depends heavily on his opponents that's for sure. All tournaments he won this year have been via huge chokes or cakewalk draws. I want to believe Carreno has opened the eyes to more players and see that he is only an embarrassing pusher who can be beaten if you play your game and not get sucked into his attics and pushing fest.

Think he has one or two more QFs in him but I can't see the draws helping him much longer. Since 2018 when he came back he only got chokes and cakewalks at slams, won't be enough now that more and more players are stepping up.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts