Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been among the skeptical people about this hire and i should say - i might have been wrong about this one.

Despite one thing - we couldn't assert whether Nole would have played as good/better with any other coach, but just as Amelie is getting her fair share of criticizing over not doing enough for Andy, i believe credit for Boris is due here, no doubt.

If there is one aspect of Djokovic's game that has improved it is the serve and despite it's a very slim improvement invisible to the naked eye, at this very high level that's the maximum possible to achieve and i'm pretty sure Boris has a lot to do with this.

Also i think Djokovic's volleys and smashes have been impeccable during the final, so perhaps the confidence of having one of the best in history in that department in your box has played its role as well.

Kudos to Boris!

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
Today BB got some much needed release, he looked like a red balloon ready to pop. Imagine how much Nole must have put him through with the ups and downs. :lol:

I've noticed that Djoker's playing less tentatively (freely) than before, ripping more shots, serving freer, smashing better lol with better footwork which comes when you're more relaxed, more net approaches, and less farking up at the net :lol:, I think his rally ball is more solid as well. Just more stones on Djoker overall--that spidey sense men have when they size each other up (who's alpha, beta, or © genetic garbage :lol:)

Too bad we can only speculate on BB's theoretical knowledge of the game, his soundness as a coach and most intriguingly, what his whispers are. :secret:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts