Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,940 Posts
It's a tough question to answer, but I would say 'Not yet'. Lets not forget Tomic is still in his prime re-writing history books with records such as losing the fastest ATP match ever etc... On the other hand Krygios, at 19 defeating world number one and one of the all time greatest in one of the biggest stage (if not the biggest) in tennis, although rare and by no means a fantastic achievement has been achieved before by the likes of Federer/Chang etc...

·
Registered
710 Posts
It shifted after Tomic ret. against Nadal in AO earlier this year

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
not really, YET...
i mean bernie has to improve. he is 3 years older than kyrgios, and he will be ranked 66th, and bernie himself between 120-130th next monday...

·
Registered
10,504 Posts
Yeah old B-Nard is on a cruise in Croatia having a good time with the sheilas.. Probs doesn't even know what happened yesterday..

·
Registered
57 Posts
As Bernard's sister Sara has previously posted on her Facebook - "Australian journalists are stupid idiots". I'm no big Tomic fan, but the treatment he gets is ridiculous. Absolute crap criticising him for getting a lap dance from an 18yo at a nightclub - media tried to make out she was a Schoolie, despite having no evidence she was. Especially when schoolies in QLD are 17, and they had no evidence this girl was using a fake ID.

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
I don't think anyone cares about Tomic anymore.
I for one am sticking by Tomic. In a perfect World I would have realised using permanent glue to stick Tomic posters around my living room was a bad idea.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Tomic was always just a placeholder anyway. I don't think he has the talent nor the will to do anything other than maybe a QF run at Wimby here and there.

·
Banned
558 Posts
Kyrgios success is a great thing for Tomic, it will surely inspire and spark Tomic to get serious.

Like when Chang won French Open, look how it sparked Courier, Agassi and Pete.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Kyrgios success is a great thing for Tomic, it will surely inspire and spark Tomic to get serious.

Like when Chang won French Open, look how it sparked Courier, Agassi and Pete.
Funny, when Tomic made the Wimbledon quarters at 2011, there wasn't any Young Australian competition. With Kyrgios being where he is now, now there is.

As far as Americans this has happened to a lesser extent to Donald Young. Nobody younger than him has gotten better grand slam results yet, though he realizes Jack Sock could in 2013. Ryan Harrison had a fleeting moment, but whatever progress he made in 2012 has been undone. The rest of the immediate pipeline is hopeless.

The active players that have done better than Young's 1 4R are much older than him (Isner 1 QF/3 4R, Querrey 3 4R).

1 - 20 of 24 Posts