Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
33,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Given I am extremely shy and lack confidence in person, as well as the fact I have Aspergers which effects my social skills, I decided to give online dating ago. I am signing up to a site right now but I am very optimistic about it as it seems very complex and I am not that confident of getting success on it. Please do not judge me negatively for this I hate the fact I am shy but I think online dating may be a good platform for me to use to find a good relationship, it just kinda sucks right now seeing many of my real life friends including my two best friends in a relationship and I am often left out in the cold when they go out as couples etcs...

So I would like to know has anyone on MTF ever had success on these dating sites? DId you meet your girlfriend/boyfriend or even wife/husband on them? Can you recommend me any free sites?

·
Registered
27,181 Posts
Yes, on MTF.

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
My buddy met a Ukrainian girl on one of those. When he met her IRL she turned out to be as tall as a sasquatch. She's as gentle as a dove though so things worked out for them. It's funny how that is sometimes...

My advice is to be careful with anything resembling off-color humour/cynical wit. Women don't laugh on the internet, the odd ones do IRL, so you can't act like a reckless muppet like you can around your buddies. Good luck buddy.

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Not sure MTF is the right place to ask this, since MTF judges every step you walk... The only thing I'd judge you on here mate is your bedtime, which judging by the timing of this thread is quite late.. Then again, I'm probably the last person who should be critical about someone staying up too long.

Only dating site that comes to mind is.. what's it called.. ya know the one with the TV advert "do you work in uniform? Or like those that do?" (at least I hope that was a TV advert for a dating site.. otherwise I've said too much).

Anyway, take your time and don't rush into anything just for the sake of it. Regardless of what MTF as a whole advises you.

·
Registered
12,617 Posts
I have never used a dating site, however I have met 3 different girls through the internet and things worked out somewhat with all 3 of them. Just make sure they are legit and real which honestly you should be able to tell fairly easily. Sometimes online is very good because you get to know the girl quite well before you ever meet her in person and that builds a bit of a connection that goes a tad deeper than skin deep.

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
I've dated three chicks off MTF. I won't say who.

·
A happy person
44,888 Posts
No, every date which was fixed after getting to know each other online, was awful so I don't offer to anyone. It's not that you meet with someone nice in life and you are getting interested of that person.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Given I am extremely shy and lack confidence in person, as well as the fact I have Aspergers which effects my social skills, I decided to give online dating ago. I am signing up to a site right now but I am very optimistic about it as it seems very complex and I am not that confident of getting success on it. Please do not judge me negatively for this I hate the fact I am shy but I think online dating may be a good platform for me to use to find a good relationship, it just kinda sucks right now seeing many of my real life friends including my two best friends in a relationship and I am often left out in the cold when they go out as couples etcs...

So I would like to know has anyone on MTF ever had success on these dating sites? DId you meet your girlfriend/boyfriend or even wife/husband on them? Can you recommend me any free sites?
If your a guy on a dating site and not at least 7 or 8/10 it will be really hard. The ratio of guys to girls is really high. If most women don't reply don't be discouraged, its normal. advertise yourself as the adventurous type. Post pictures of you doing various activities, no goofy pictures. be careful about scams and use a reputable site. My friend told me okcupid was good. Remember most women there are lying as much as you.

I used one of these sites for a short period. chatted with a few girls. This one good looking girl asked to hangout. I could have gotten sex but didn't do it because i didn't like her a person. I just wasn't looking for a random sex.

I won't judge because I was shy introverted person and I am still am to some degree. why don't you ask your friends to set you up with one of your friend's GFs friends.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts

·
Faithful Txurigorri
24,903 Posts
I have a colombian friend who met her mexican husband online, back in the chatroom times and they are still going strong after 10 years together.

Not so sure about dating sites, people tend to go for the first impression and there are much many more guys than girls on those.

·
Registered
27,181 Posts
I dated my avatar briefly and currently working my wand on prodigyeng.

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Never tried.

I suppose it would make meeting people easier, but surely you still have to impress them in person to have a chance of getting it on later.

·
Registered
12,469 Posts
I go on online dating sites and pretend to be a 27-year-old. Then I set up dates and don't show up.

·
Registered
27,181 Posts

·
Registered
97,198 Posts
i had success on mtf

what someone told you on 1st page in a long post has a lot of useful advice. Post pics of activity, that you're fun to hang out with, creative, not boring. it's true girls reply only to guys 8/10 and higher in looks (even not to them when they write something uninspirational as chat up such as "u r pretty." nearly makes you wanna reply "yeah 20 people told me the same today on this page")

so, gotta be creative when writing to a girl. Read her profile carefully and surprise her knowing something about her hobby or thing she studies

don't have too high expectations as for long term dating in the first place, but if you two manage to go out somewhere it'll be already a first nice success :)

remember also one bad thing about date services (that's why i never looked there for more than friends to hang out with in a foreign city, i used okcupid for that and it was very good btw, never met a boring person). The bad thing is everyone is flirting with many people at once, looking for "the one" but you don't know who will be "the one" so you speak to each person as they are one and only and then you (or they) disappear...

so, that's the downside. but it's like in real life, you won't end up marrying everyone who you fancy or everyone who fancies you. you will eventually marry (or life-date) just one person, so some selection is natural :)

·
Registered
97,198 Posts
also i think it'll be way easier to get girls when you
1) get a stable job - putting all alpha/beta shit aside, some girls are simply serious and want to have a solid hardworking man by their side and to father her children. One aspect of seeing it is that she will want your money, but it also means that it wouldn't have to be her to provide for herself, the children and an irresponsible husband. It's absolutely possible to be alpha and beta at the same time, and having stable ground at life (not living off parents or welfare) is a base of everything.

2) when you get one gf - others will come and try to get you

sadly that's how us women work. taken and inaccessible is more interesting. And while we're pretending to be prey, we are the predators. It also tells us he is good enough to be a partner, he is being actually tested, he's not psycho- or sociopath.

female psychology, like it or not, but that's how it looks :sobbing: :D

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
You're at the university, it's hard to think at any other place that is better than that to find girls.

Even if you find a chick on dating sites, you can't have sex with her online, so you'll still have to meet her in person.
So just go out and ask some girl to go out on a date. It's so simple, doesn't matter if they say no, you don't know them, they are strangers.
There are 3,5 billions girls in the world, I'm sure a lot of them will say YES to you.

·
Registered
33,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i had success on mtf

what someone told you on 1st page in a long post has a lot of useful advice. Post pics of activity, that you're fun to hang out with, creative, not boring. it's true girls reply only to guys 8/10 and higher in looks (even not to them when they write something uninspirational as chat up such as "u r pretty." nearly makes you wanna reply "yeah 20 people told me the same today on this page")

so, gotta be creative when writing to a girl. Read her profile carefully and surprise her knowing something about her hobby or thing she studies

don't have too high expectations as for long term dating in the first place, but if you two manage to go out somewhere it'll be already a first nice success :)

remember also one bad thing about date services (that's why i never looked there for more than friends to hang out with in a foreign city, i used okcupid for that and it was very good btw, never met a boring person). The bad thing is everyone is flirting with many people at once, looking for "the one" but you don't know who will be "the one" so you speak to each person as they are one and only and then you (or they) disappear...

so, that's the downside. but it's like in real life, you won't end up marrying everyone who you fancy or everyone who fancies you. you will eventually marry (or life-date) just one person, so some selection is natural :)
Not much chance for me then, I guess.

1 - 20 of 195 Posts