Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
See title...I was just curious... I suppose that if the top players play doubles at some of the masters series events, if they were to win a couple of those and maybe some smaller tournaments as well they could probably qualify for WTF in the doubles. I know it's unlikely but it's possible.

If one of the top eight singles players qualified for the doubles @ WTF do you think they'd choose to play both?

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,506 Posts
McEnroe
Edberg
Kafelnikov

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've just been reading a bit about it and found that the singles and doubles tournaments only started being held in the same week in 2003. I suppose before then it would've been much easier for a player to play both tournaments as they'd get a break between the two.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
In the last few years Melzer has been the only one with a realistic chance at it. Was ranked top 10 for both doubles and singles at one point, but that didn't last long.

·
Registered
8,565 Posts
Not going to happen in todays game, melzer almost done it but ran out of gas in the singles.

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
I have, but it was too stressful. I stick to doubles now.

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
7 in singles, 5 in doubles. You have to be in the top 8 to play the WTF you know. This was some years back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts