Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 227 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Re: Hard court season- Us Open Series

It might be R3-Tomic, QF-Stepanek, SF-big server (Isner, Karlovic, Raonic), Final - who knows...
Anyway, it's an ok draw (might have been worse).
Washington won't be streamed until the QFs, right?

·
Registered
696 Posts

Man I hate this dead period after Wimbledon,can't wait for this tournament. Winnable for Grigor I think,or he could lose in the quarters,some tough players there. I think Raonic will be one of the big favourites this US Open series,so it would be great to see a Grigor-Milos semi.

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts

According to Tennis TV, this year Washington will have TV coverage from day 1 already. Up to 19 live matches, which probably means 3 matches by day until Friday (12 matches total) and then all the QF's, SF's and the F. I think every match from Dimitrov will be streamed, but not 100% sure, since he's seeded 3, but Isner and Nishikori are popular in the US too.

It's a very friendly draw for Grigor until the SF's IMHO, when he'll probably face a servebot. I'd say a SF is a good result here. Good preparation for what really matters: the Masters and the US Open.

Not sure about his form though. He's been training the past week? I only saw photos of him from vacations, the ESPY and with Mugelstob these days. I think Rasheed was in Australia all this time, judging by his tweets and is only coming to USA this weekend.

·
Registered
561 Posts

^Thanks! Good to see they will start from Monday.
As for Grigor, I think he's been doing just fitness training - there was a pic with Masha and him (he was with weight vest) running and that's all...maybe he'll be a bit rusty but better here than at the masters

·
Registered
11,624 Posts

Not a bad draw but how far he goes depends on how rusty he is after such a long break. It will be good to see him play again.

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts

i hope this was not the only flight this month, because he will have to drive there
:spit:

Obviously there are more than 1 flight from LA to Washington, there are several each day.

Well, he can drive (how many hours from lA to Washington?), or use a private jet like Maria jaja.
:lol:

Not a chance, it's a trip around the country, basically from extreme west to almost extreme east. Don't know the exact distance, but my guess would be around 4000 Km.

Only 38-40 hours by car :)
:yeah:

·
Registered
11,624 Posts

It's on the ATP drawsheet. They give the reason on the bottom, right corner. It just says, "flu/viral infection".

It's very disappointing and hopefully it's nothing serious qnd he is fit for Canada.

1 - 20 of 227 Posts