Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14,155 Posts
Cristian was sooo solid until 2 all in the decider. Then, he got tight and lost his serve after netting an easy BH and then served a DF. Stef did not look back as expected, but he was totally beatable today.
Bitter loss for Garin, but he'll get there eventually.
Hope he has a nice RG

·
justice for all
16,885 Posts
Good win by Stefanos. Now go out and win title no. 6 of your career, champ!

Also, it's great to see the disappointment of Coric loss at the USO is already behind him.

Not sure about the fatigue but if he keeps his form a SF in Paris is feasible. And hell! Why not the final?!

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
One concerning sign I've noticed is that the Tsitsipas return game is still poor even on a clay surface. Once he gets into the business end of a slam, someone will punish that weakness.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Garin played well, but to beat Tsitsipas he needed to maintain the level from set 2 and he didn't do that. He's just a level below and unfortunately I think he has a lower ceiling than Tsitsipas and the younger up-and-coming guns. He's 24 and I'm not sure he could ever become a much better version of what he is now.

The final tomorrow should be great.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
high quality match until garin's knee went out in the 3rd and he was forced to end points quickly. terrible timing as i had him penciled in for a possible 4th rd appointment with djoker.

·
Registered
5,604 Posts
Garin has been robbed in the First set. The volley at 5:5 0:15 was clearly wide. I don’t know where Bernardes had his eyes in this situation

1 - 7 of 7 Posts