Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
typical Kohli scoreline. I didn't watch the first set, but he probably gave it away in an idiotic way too.

Good win for Leo, though, and another great week for him. Argentina's #1 :D second tour final... let's see what happens there.

·
Registered
48 Posts
ATP Hamburg 500 SFs: Leonardo Mayer beats [7] Kohlschreiber 7-5 6-4

Huge win for Leo Mayer -- had never ever reached R16 of an ATP 500 before. Will rise to top 30 ranking--little to defend, poss US Open seed.
Mayer has won 21 of his last 27 matches. Will play Ferrer or Zverev in the biggest final of his career.

·
23,063 Posts
I still don't get it...he could take a Set against Djokovic almost every time they meet recently, and could also trouble Nadal from time to time, but he can't just get one Set against Leonardo Mayer, I mean that is quite bizarre.

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
Kohli gave it away on 5*-6. He missed easy smash and easy FH.
But in 2nd set on 4*-5 Mayer was really GOATing.
Mayer leads 3-0 in H2H. (Didn't lose set,yet)

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Re: ATP Hamburg 500 SFs: Leonardo Mayer beats [7] Kohlschreiber 7-5 6-4

Kohli clearly wants to become Mayer's pigeon. :spit:

Oh well, congrats Leo!

·
Premium Member
5,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kohli gave it away on 5*-6. He missed easy smash and easy FH.
But in 2nd set on 4*-5 Mayer was really GOATing.
Mayer leads 3-0 in H2H. (Didn't lose set,yet)
thanks. In the second, he gifted an early break. the 4*-5 one wasn't exactly Kohli's fault, but it's just typical.
Leo is top 40 with this result, and #26 in the race :eek:

·
Registered
11,133 Posts
and US Open seeding

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
kohli :tape:

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Expected, Mayer never lost set to Kohli, both their matches were on clay, i though Kohli might take set this time, being this german tournament and his record in Germany is great, but Mayer is somehow tough match-up for him, i mean 3 matches on clay and Kohi still haven´t won set vs Mayer- interresting indeed

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
I still don't get it...he could take a Set against Djokovic almost every time they meet recently, and could also trouble Nadal from time to time, but he can't just get one Set against Leonardo Mayer, I mean that is quite bizarre.
You're clearly underrating Mayer. I guess you never saw him play.

·
23,063 Posts
You're clearly underrating Mayer. I guess you never saw him play.
Maybe not as much (I think I saw him twice or thrice) but it is just that not that I am underestimating him but more on why can't Kohli just get one Set, even though he might lose, due to the potential he has against everyone, and noticing that in this match he was broken when he was trying to serve to stay in the set/match.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Don't know about the other meetings but Mayer is playing better than Kohli
I expected this Kohli hasn't been playing well and Mayer is 22nd in the race :eek: having a great year

1 - 19 of 19 Posts