Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
4,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Un-fucking-believable. Wins the junior Australian Open, wins the Braunschweig Challenger 6 months later, beating three top 100 players en route. And now, this. Into the top 200. Into the Hamburg 500 QFs. Did I mention that he won the junior Australian Open a scant six months ago? I want to be cautious when calling him the real deal, but goddamn if that isn't difficult now.

A few hiccups, and I still don't know why he stays 31294802 feet behind the baseline, but that pales in comparison to the success he's just sustained. The fact that his raw game got him this far makes me eager for what is yet to come.

Congrats to xavihernandez and STUHL, among the other early Zverev adopters :cheerleader:

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
Hamburg R3: [WC] Zverev def. [11] Giraldo 6-4 7-6(6)

:d

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Re: Hamburg R3: [WC] Zverev def. [11] Giraldo 6-4 7-6(6)

A 17 y.o. straight-setted Haase, Youzhny, Giraldo at an ATP 500 :worship:

SF is possible now

·
Registered
14,890 Posts
Un-fucking-believable. Wins the junior Australian Open, wins the Braunschweig Challenger 6 months later, beating three top 100 players en route. And now, this. Into the top 200. Into the Hamburg 500 QFs. Did I mention that he won the junior Australian Open a scant six months ago? I want to be cautious when calling him the real deal, but goddamn if that isn't difficult now.

A few hiccups, and I still don't know why he stays 31294802 feet behind the baseline, but that pales in comparison to the success he's just sustained. The fact that his raw game got him this far makes me eager for what is yet to come.

Congrats to xavihernandez and STUHL, among the other early Zverev adopters :cheerleader:
Consider Sombrerero lolo your enemy, now.

Incredible, by Zverev. A 17 yo in the quarterfinals of an ATP 500. :worship:

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
this kid already looks like a mental giant compared to tour veteran like Giraldo...
mental toughness alone will take him places, not to mention that serve, which is already a big weapon:smoke:

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
I thought Giraldo played too conservatively in the tb. He wasn't goona beat Zverev that way just waiting for the kid to mess up.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Dude is seriously unbelievable, bet on him winning in straight sets against Youzhny, Giraldo and Haase and he actually did it.

Kid seriously has a bright future if he continues to improve, really love his style of playing.

·
Registered
9,394 Posts
:smoke: Showed excellent composure after letting match point slip. Given how well Giraldo played when Zverev was attempting to serve it out I can accept being taken to a tiebreaker.

Compared to his usual self, he's been remarkably calm and intelligent on court this week. Should really be making the semi finals now (which sounds hilarious given he was losing to Lindell and Eriksson last month). Top 200 now too I think.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
As great as Zverev is playing, it will be interesting to see what happens when he plays outside of Germany on different surfaces. But that's for later. He's having a great run and it's refreshing seeing him upset these tour veterans.

·
Registered
4,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
As great as Zverev is playing, it will be interesting to see what happens when he plays outside of Germany on different surfaces. But that's for later. He's having a great run and it's refreshing seeing him upset these tour veterans.
That's my biggest worry. But he's beaten Kamke, Golubev, PHM, Haase, Youzhny, and Giraldo in the past few weeks, so hopefully he gathers confidence from that.

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
Talked to MTF Legend Lenders few weeks ago telling him that Zverev will have his breakthrough soon and here it is. :worship:

Wow hust wow, what a recovery after being broken at *5-4 that Shows his mental strengh he already posses. And today the serve was also there. Couldn't be more happy. Enjoy it Sascha :worship: :worship:

1 - 20 of 72 Posts