396 Posts
Re: Rosol beats Boredo 7-5 7-6

6 consecutive tb wins:worship::clap2::yeah:

·
Registered
2,720 Posts

Lukas is nice boy:smooch:

What a tear he is on these days, complete opposite of this time last year:bigclap:

He wanted that revenge badly today after choking to Robredo at the AO:hug:

TB GOAT'ing like a boss in Germany:bowdown:

·
Registered
2,979 Posts

too bad lukas only is playing well after Wimbledon... but he was injured there

·
Registered
477 Posts

Did you see, what kind of incident those two shared?

Robredo said something fierce to Rosol, but shook his hand anyway...I mean, Spaniard was very annoyed

·
Registered
21,230 Posts

Bautista Agut is about 10 times more boring than Robredo but because he's rising up the rankings, he's deemed as anything but.

·
Registered
339 Posts

At first at *5-6 0-0 Robredo serving in the first set Robredo got a time violation and went on to get broken and in the second set at *4-5 0-0 Robredo got the second time violation, so a second serve, but this time he won the point and did not get broken.
Of course the umpire might have been right there, it's not like in crucial moments players are allowed to take a long time before serving.

Then at 6-6 in the tiebreak, Rosol served, he missed his first serve and while he was already in the middle of his service motion for the second serve, the ball kid that picked up the ball of the first serve dropped that ball (still while running to his spot next to the net). Therefore Rosol had to stop his service motion and the umpire called "let" and gave Rosol his first serve back. Rosol went on to win that point with his first serve (I think it was a service winner, I am not completely sure though. The point was certainly very quick).

There is also a video where you can see a bit of Robredo's reaction: http://clips.tennistv.com/g/v/nyPGtqHxIWr

·
Registered
339 Posts
That being said, I don't want to take anything away from Rosol, in my opinion he definitely deserved the win. He was very clutch, played very solid (for his style of play) while Robredo often got too passive in crucial moments, Rosol took advantage of that and almost never hit an error when it mattered. His smashes were also excellent, no matter from how high the ball came, he never let the ball bounce and never missed.

Robredo actually had to get lucky in the 2nd set tiebreak to come back, at *5-3 Rosol, Robredo hit the line and got a bad bounce, that's where Robredo got the minibreak back. Then 4 points later, there was that controversy...

·
Registered
2,720 Posts

At first at *5-6 0-0 Robredo serving in the first set Robredo got a time violation and went on to get broken and in the second set at *4-5 0-0 Robredo got the second time violation, so a second serve, but this time he won the point and did not get broken.
Of course the umpire might have been right there, it's not like in crucial moments players are allowed to take a long time before serving.

Then at 6-6 in the tiebreak, Rosol served, he missed his first serve and while he was already in the middle of his service motion for the second serve, the ball kid that picked up the ball of the first serve dropped that ball (still while running to his spot next to the net). Therefore Rosol had to stop his service motion and the umpire called "let" and gave Rosol his first serve back. Rosol went on to win that point with his first serve (I think it was a service winner, I am not completely sure though. The point was certainly very quick).

There is also a video where you can see a bit of Robredo's reaction: http://clips.tennistv.com/g/v/nyPGtqHxIWr
See, even in video, Lukas very nice boy:hug: even shaking hands after hothead's meltdown:wavey:

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
yassss rosol :woohoo:

·
Registered
2,720 Posts

although some of Rosol's on court antics are very annoying (similar to Stepanek - is it a check thing?), I heard he is a very nice guy off the court.
Lukas always very nice boy:hug:

Gave me and my friends autographs in Cincinnati last year:smooch:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts