Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
21,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He clearly tanked to protest against the fact that this match wasn't televised, a true man of the people :worship:

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Re: Hamburg R3: Mayer def. Thiem 6-3 6-2

Poor break point conversion again, the TV coverage of Hamburg is appalling on another note. When does Dominic play next?

·
#TeamThiem
3,542 Posts

:help: :help: :help:

That's really bad :eek:

·
23,063 Posts
Hamburg R3: Mayer def. Thiem 6-3 6-2

First things first -- still a non-stream match, worse is it is on the CC which I thought they would air from the start. :eek:

Anyway, from what I observed Thiem had a better 1st Serve percentage today than yesterday, but had a worse 2nd Serve Won %. Mayer seems to be doing well too on serve, with high first serve and points won too. However, in terms of BP chances, Thiem wasn't able to capitalize all 4 of them while Mayer was able to break Thiem four times out seven. Mayer won 59% of the points so it seems a little bit tighter than it was.

·
Registered
14,890 Posts

Expected result, unfortunately.

Thiem is one of the most promising youngsters but he is unreliable, at the moment. Things will get better with age.

·
Registered
21,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Poor break point conversion again, the TV coverage of Hamburg is appalling on another note. When does Dominic play next?
Gstaad and Kitzbühel the next two weeks, aka the Haase Slam.

·
23,063 Posts

I already said my analysis on the other thread (needs to be merged). In addition, I guess this is still a good run by Thiem. Mayer did have his best performances lately and a new ranking high so not that bad of a result.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts

Gstaad and Kitzbühel the next two weeks, aka the Haase Slam.
That's good Kitzbuhel especially has a very average draw.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts

Well that sucks. Progress is progress though.

·
Registered
11,624 Posts

Battle of the one-handed backhands with Mayer running away with it in the end. I'm impressed with the way Mayer has come from nowhere and turned his season around. I like his game and he has a lot of power off both wings. Thiem has had a good week but Mayer was always likely to outhit him.

·
Registered
5,668 Posts

Battle of the one-handed backhands with Mayer running away with it in the end. I'm impressed with the way Mayer has come from nowhere and turned his season around. I like his game and he has a lot of power off both wings. Thiem has had a good week but Mayer was always likely to outhit him.
How do you know Mayer outhit Thiem? I think it's more likely that Thiem made a lot of UE's.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts

leo mayer, op

dom :hug: disappointing loss imo

·
23,063 Posts

leo mayer, op

dom :hug: disappointing loss imo
I guess it is already known that F. Mayer is absent most of the season recently anyway?

·
Registered
21,230 Posts

Mayer is one of the worst players to watch on the circuit. Terrible result.

·
23,063 Posts
Thiem's Journal, Hamburg R3:

3:6, 2:6 against Leonardo Mayer. Today the much better player won. But it was easy for him. I played an extremely bad match. No power in my groundstrokes, nothing I could cause him any troubles with. Normally you try not to practise too much during and between tournaments. You try to save energy. But looking at Gstaad and especially my home tournament in Kitzbühel I need to work on my shots now. This is the highest priority for the next days. Spend as much time on the court as possible. And do extra shifts on the practice court.

·
Premium Member
5,646 Posts
ouch. bad day at the office Dom. But all in all a good run here, R3 is okay.

Leo :worship: another good result, makes like, 2 good runs in three tournaments :eek: QF now, vamos!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts