Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Zverev :worship: First top 20 in. More or less confirmed for USO qualies (ranking up to 231) now, if he wants to play those. Into the third round and Giraldo next :yeah:

Youzhny....why. You just won't. That's all I can say.

BTW, is it just me or was Zverev behind the baseline way too often?

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
Youzhny was disgusting

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
we are not worthy :bowdown: just wow...well done

·
Registered
7,348 Posts
Well done from Zverev, he is a great prospect. But to be fair Youzhny was atracious, with that level he would have lost against almost the whole ATP field.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Alex :bowdown: :banana: :D

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
Zverev :worship: First top 20 in. More or less confirmed for USO qualies (ranking up to 231) now, if he wants to play those. Into the third round and Giraldo next :yeah:

Youzhny....why. You just won't. That's all I can say.

BTW, is it just me or was Zverev behind the baseline way too often?
Yes he was way more passiv today than usual, but it worked great.

Sitting here with a smile on my face. Go for it Alex, you already have the hope of all Tennis fans in Germany on your shoulders :worship: :worship:

·
Registered
4,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes he was way more passiv today than usual, but it worked great.

Sitting here with a smile on my face. Go for it Alex, you already have the hope of all Tennis fans in Germany on your shoulders :worship: :worship:
I haven't seen much of Zverev, so that's good to know. Congrats to you and other Zverev fans :)

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
Good win but Youznhy was horrible tactically, always playing BH to BH while it's Zverev best shot...

Wonder what could Zverev do on other surfaces than clay, his serve isn't that good regarding to his size.
He served only 46% today. So yes, his serve wasn't really working today, so that indicates that Alex still can play so much better, and to be honest I have already seen him play better.

·
Rankings Master
15,649 Posts
232. ;)
Peliwo's in front because he has 45 Grand Slam+Masters points. Oh, don't trust live-tennis.eu, Peliwo gets 1 more point from a Futures R16 last week as well, so he's at 208 points, not 207 as suggested there.;)

·
Registered
9,397 Posts
Given that I was watching him getting stomped in challengers just a few months ago, this is just awesome. As I said in his thread, the only concern was how he played immediately after breaking in each set. And yes, he was slightly more passive than usual, but that isn't surprising given how he noticed Youzhny was incredibly erratic.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts