Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Great call! Very steady from Kohlschreiber from that point on. It's nice to see that at least one person showed up to this tournament who actually gives a shit about the fans and who hustles on court.

·
23,064 Posts
Quite conflicted who I wanted to win -- Kohli so that the German players would have another representative in the R16, or Elias to finally have a good breakthrough in a non-Oeiras tournament and fill in the 90s Gen in the R16. I have to say, Elias was starting to tither a little bit when after he got that break, but held it. Then came serving for the Set, then got tight I think to get broken. Had a bad game to serve to stay in the Set with a DF too. I didn't really believe that he would get breadsticked as predicted, but lo and behold he did and was very error prone while Kohli was just solid. Good for Kohli to get back in the game, but makes you wonder what happens if Elias just held that game. Elias had such a good potential but it could be alarming that he might just stay being in the Top 50. The 90s generation in this tournament (and the year in general) have been a revelation and I hope Elias would be a part of it.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Gastão was playing so well, sob... The usual choke just came. I still think that he can't give the next step with Jaime Oncins. It's all on his head and Oncins doesn't look able to change that. The game is there.

·
Registered
237 Posts
The British commentator in this match asked his co-commentator whether it would "be a struggle" for a player to switch from a one handed backhand to a two handed backhand after having played with a two hander his whole life

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Stop making Elias look like a pontential TOP 10 player who can't make it due to mental problems.
Elias is a top-50 player in potential, maybe top-30 at his very best. But it«s an huge difference between be 150 in the world and 50 in the world.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts