·
Registered
19,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But I see nobody cares

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
Bedene seems to be hitting a bit of form.

·
Registered
14,898 Posts
The one with the same nationality as the show Doctor Who prevails. I can't complain too much.

(RBA, you deep-fried nugget with chicken legs, you semi-AlizéeCorneted nose, damn boy, you suck in 2015!)

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,447 Posts
Good win for Bedene. He's climbing up the rankings fairly steadily.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Very good win for him. Looking at Edmund's title last Sunday, seems like he's working hard to consolidate his position and not be usurped as British #2 anytime soon. I'm looking forward to some healthy competition between Bedene, Ward and Edmund in the upcoming months and years.

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,447 Posts
Very good win for him. Looking at Edmund's title last Sunday, seems like he's working hard to consolidate his position and not be usurped as British #2 anytime soon. I'm looking forward to some healthy competition between Bedene, Ward and Edmund in the upcoming months and years.
I'm fairly sure it'll only be between Edmund and Bedene. Ward is still losing in the first round of challengers to random Japanese clowns, I doubt he'll ever get deeper than #80 in the top 100 if he keeps that up.

·
Registered
19,523 Posts
RBA is looking really unsharp this year. He was at least an enjoyable player last year.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I'm fairly sure it'll only be between Edmund and Bedene. Ward is still losing in the first round of challengers to random Japanese clowns, I doubt he'll ever get deeper than #80 in the top 100 if he keeps that up.
Agreed. Brilliant Wimbledon with luck in the first round draw and a truly immense performance against Isner earlier in the year but in the main he doesn't look like a top 100 player.
Edmund I like the look of though. Think he can have a very decent pro career.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
RBA had a set point in the first set and 2 set points including on his serve second set.
He was also up 4*-2 40-30 in the first set

Choke time

·
Registered
10,208 Posts
Well done, traitor. Where were these kind of wins when you were playing for our country?

Hoping you get abused and trashed by Trollini.
:wavey:

Reactions: Fedull

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,447 Posts
Agreed. Brilliant Wimbledon with luck in the first round draw and a truly immense performance against Isner earlier in the year but in the main he doesn't look like a top 100 player.
Edmund I like the look of though. Think he can have a very decent pro career.
Indeed. Ward has had the potential to be a top 100 player for a while but with his inconsistency he'll never be a long time one. Edmund is constantly improving by the looks of it. He could easily be a top 50 player, maybe even top 30 at some point if he keeps it up.
Well done, traitor. Where were these kind of wins when you were playing for our country?

I see someone is rather bitter.

·
Registered
14,898 Posts

You're aware that national pride is a sentiment created by society (and superficial for that reason) that has nothing to do with sports themselves, unless the new flag you're waving allows you to train in better conditions, for instance?
I can't be arsed to read the reasons why Bedene changed nationality, but if you can't support him anymore because of it, that just shows how much national pride is utter bullshit in the world of sports, especially in solo sports like tennis: you're supposed to support the player for his talent or whatever you call it, not the country he is born in. I mean "oh, he's the best! Look at him play and tell me he's not the best." *player changes flag* "Oh, he stinks, he's a Scheißkerl, his tennis sucks all of a sudden."

Yeah, right.

·
Registered
11,025 Posts
A nice but random win by Aljaz. A steady progress up the rankings means more direct entries into tournies. Solidifies his place as the British no.2. Fognini is all but impossible to beat in the next round though.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts