Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thiem :)

bad first serve percentage and break point conversion in the first set, but amazing second set :worship:

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Crushing 2nd set by the Austrian after a tight opening stanza.

·
Registered
21,396 Posts
That second set trashing, backhand battering of peace and prosperity :worship:

First set was pretty bad from both, but after that there was no doubt about who the better player is. Now against Granollers.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Even though Dom`s serve was pretty subpar today, all other aspects of his game shined throughout the match. Now take granollers out, please.

·
Registered
8,408 Posts
Great result. Vesely is a decent prospect but Thiem is clearly the more talented of the two, has a much more attractive game and comes across as a nice guy.

·
#TeamThiem
3,542 Posts

·
Registered
21,396 Posts
Even though Dom`s serve was pretty subpar today, all other aspects of his game shined throughout the match. Now take granollers out, please.
Not only today, his serve is still subpar in general. Most important thing he has to work on for the moment.

·
Registered
795 Posts
The difference in talent was enormous here. Thiem´s style is delightful while Vesely´s is meh.. I have serious doubts about Vesely´s potential, doesn´t seem like a player with TOP20 weapons. Thiem on the other hand, hell yes.

That said, I was a bit shocked that Thiem´s serve was that average today because I remember him serving like a boss before (not sure what´s going on here). But the other aspects of his game were just too good. Thanks for kicking Vesely out too, I hate everything about him.

·
#TeamThiem
3,542 Posts
The difference in talent was enormous here. Thiem´s style is delightful while Vesely´s is meh.. I have serious doubts about Vesely´s potential, doesn´t seem like a player with TOP20 weapons. Thiem on the other hand, hell yes.

That said, I was a bit shocked that Thiem´s serve was that average today because I remember him serving like a boss before. But the other aspects of his game were too good. Thanks for kicking Vesely out too, I hate everything about him.
Well, his serve got worse in the last months. But I hope he can work on it ;)

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Impressive. Expected Vesely to win this, but Thiem was awesome. Hope he can knock out Gruntollers now.

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts
Easy win. With both at the same or similar form, Thiem should win 9 out of 10, he's just the better prospect. His strokes are just much better.

Thiem is a future top 10 and maybe RG winner, Vesely is a regular top 30 player at most.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
unexpected...very well done dom!!!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts