Nico :help:

Time to retire.

·
Registered
10,204 Posts
Nico :help:

Time to retire.
Why?
I watched the first set and it was pretty good, Ramos rock solid with Mugro hitting some nice winners but also a few too many UEs. Forehand just isn't what it used to be.
Nothing to be ashamed of. :shrug:

·
Registered
8,025 Posts
Why?
I watched the first set and it was pretty good, Ramos rock solid with Mugro hitting some nice winners but also a few too many UEs. Forehand just isn't what it used to be.
But he is basically losing every single big point these days. Not that he was a clutch player in the past but atm it's ridiculous. His decision making / shot selection is also very poor.

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why?
The retirement thing was obviously an exaggeration but he's having such a terrible year... He'll probably have to give Challengers a go once his protected ranking runs out.

·
Registered
7,973 Posts
Didn't watch this but I did see his Istomin match. He looks sluggish with poor footwork at the moment, with little to no pop on his shots. It is definitely a physical thing at this point so it is up to him if he wants to get back to the level he is capable of playing.

·
Banned
1,606 Posts
Almugro

·
Registered
172 Posts
And the matches against Dolgopolov and Verdasco at RG and Bastad?? Winning Dolgopolov and Verdasco and losing to Istomin or Ramos

·
Registered
19,388 Posts
I know Almagro struggled with an injury and I was expecting him to start the season slow and get better and better as it progresses but actually he's kind of playing worse and worse

·
Premium Member
20,682 Posts
The commentators I had seemed to take pleasure in Almagro's loss. they were kind of mocking him. :eek:

·
Registered
70,519 Posts
albert :woohoo:

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
Almagro's power on the shots looked alright, he pulled off some awesome winners. However he was also late on a lot of shots and still tried to go for aggressive shots which resulted in a staggering number of UFEs. His netgame and overheads cost him a few points as well, even though he avoided going up there.

His footwork is sluggish, his defense and ROS looked poor and even his stamina looks dubious - he lost almost every single long rally and Ramos-Vinola recognized that and played long rallies on most every important point.

Hopefully Almagro will improve, love his BH.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts