1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally :rocker2:

The one with a win over Djokovic goes through :cool:

His 1st ATP tour win after few years.

I haven't seen the 1st set but judging by the stats Krajinovic was terrible. Probably needed to adapt mentally to playing a main draw at a 500 tournament.

In the 2nd he was serving for the set at 5-3 but got broken. Then broke at 6-5.

In the 3rd he was just the better player. Tbh Struff's level also dropped in the 3rd.

On a side note, Filip's passing shots were excellent. Struff was pretty bad at the net tho.

Is Filip finally on his way to the top100? Plays Fognini next. Good luck

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
wow great comeback here
well done fico...

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Filip looked tense at the beginnig of the match and during the whole first set.
But as soon as he said to himself: "I don't know which shot to hit!" he started to hit the right ones :lol: and raised his level of play.

Being more relaxed and enjoying the play he did what was he needed to do to win this match.

Well done indeed. Me happy. :dance:

·
Registered
355 Posts
It was a tough one! His first ATP match of the year, right away CC of course it was tough. I doubted he would bounce back, but I'm really glad he proved me wrong!

Can't wait to see him face Fognini! Will be an interesting match up!

·
Registered
10,057 Posts
Watched this is patches because I never seen either Struff of Krajinovic before :)
Some good shotmaking from Struff who played a perfect first set. Then Krajinovic started to feel more and more comfortable out there while Struff's game slowly declined. A bit of a choke at 5-3 second set, but Krajinovic managed to grind out the set and on the end it was almost routine win for him. What a turnaround. :worship:

Against the Fog everything is possiblebut it should something like 6-4 6-3 for Fog.

·
Registered
11,133 Posts
Struff was cruising and then .... epic fall

never saw Krajinovic play before, not really impressed, expected more for some reason

1 - 9 of 9 Posts