Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
King Of Tennis
2,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Flop attempt at vulturing this event for some cheap points by Medvedev. I remember this time a year ago many around here were acting like this hack was unbeatable. I'm glad he's been getting exposed left, right and centre this year.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Humbert is improving, and even improving on clay (he is better at fast courts). Medvedev was not at his best, but Humbert played a really solid match. He even won some long rallies (there was one that was epic, +40 shots at least).
Humbert will climb in the rankings for sure in a short period of time

·
23,541 Posts
Medvedev has to build himself belief on clay to have a chance as he vocally said it's the worst surface ever -- not sure if he will but will be interesting to see if he'll actually do a big push on clay in his career.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Medvedev career record on clay: 10 wins / 17 losses
True enough. It is difficult playing as flat as he does on clay. Still, his record was way worse up until the clay season 2019. Actually, he got 3 top 10 wins on clay last year, made the final in Barcelona, the semi in Monte Carlo, and defeated both Djokovic and Tsitsipas on the surface.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Really hope Med tanks for Paris.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
It was only last year when Daniil claimed he'd finally understood what it takes to be successful on clay. And now he seems to have forgotten all about it, having gone back to cursing the red dirt altogether.

Naturally it can be hard to adjust your game to clay after the long hiatus and after playing only on hc after that, but I was expecting a better level by Daniil.

I'm glad for Humbert though as this was a well deserved win for him and apparently his first win over a top 10 player ever. Hope he'll get to play a few more good matches in this tournament and starts gaining more confidence for himself on court.

·
Registered
418 Posts
It goes to show what I've been pretty surprised not to see being said on this forum: Humbert is possibly a top 10 in the making. Sure his game is not the most appealing but he can be clinical and for his age is quite clutch.

I'm disapointed for Medvedev but maybe more excited for Humbert.

·
Registered
16,925 Posts
Medvedev never won a main draw match at RG, last year another Frenchie, Herbert outed him.
Looking bleak for him this year too...

·
Registered
6,758 Posts
So he wants to be a HC GOAT?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Medvedev is somewhat overrated. He's good on HC but I don't like his game. Really boring actually.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Clay just does not suit his game. Can't redirect pace well on the surface, and he hits too flat.

I think Medvedev really good on grass. Still he is attaking player on grass!!!
He's good on grass.

Reactions: guitarra

·
Registered
5,271 Posts
Meddy is so useless on clay it's painful to watch, plus he didn't give a fuck either. Humbert played solid, totally deserved win.

·
Registered
16,455 Posts
Meddy is so useless on clay it's painful to watch, plus he didn't give a fuck either. Humbert played solid, totally deserved win.
If he didn‘t give a f, why did he rage?

I hate these low IQ remarks

Reactions: Burrow

·
Registered
463 Posts
It goes to show what I've been pretty surprised not to see being said on this forum: Humbert is possibly a top 10 in the making. Sure his game is not the most appealing but he can be clinical and for his age is quite clutch.

I'm disapointed for Medvedev but maybe more excited for Humbert.
Totally agree

1 - 20 of 56 Posts