Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:haha: :haha:

Schooled by RBA twice in as many days..Future #1 :yeah: The Generation Useless 2.0 loading..

This kid fluked a couple of wins vs a clearly tanking Nadal/Murray and he is suddenly the next big thing..I feel like he is going to disappoint bigly with how much his game screams out "weaponless" at this point..

·
Rankings Master
15,886 Posts
LOL at how much you guys are waiting around the corner for young players to have a loss before you all come out shouting how disappointing they are. It's so predictable. So many youngster haters on this forum. So sad.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
:haha:

Coric is indeed overrated.

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
LOL at how much you guys are waiting around the corner for young players to have a loss before you all come out shouting how disappointing they are. It's so predictable. So many youngster haters on this forum. So sad.
Exactly. Certain player went from being bagelled by Spadea to winning 17 GS titles.

·
♤23♤
32,996 Posts
:haha: :haha:

Schooled by RBA twice in as many days..Future #1 :yeah: The Generation Useless 2.0 loading..

This kid fluked a couple of wins vs a clearly tanking Nadal/Murray and he is suddenly the next big thing..I feel like he is going to disappoint bigly with how much his game screams out "weaponless" at this point..
I didn't know you can come up to #33 in the rankings with just 2 wins. Thank you for opening my eyes :yeah:

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
It can't be easy for them to deal with the fact that they are so much older than these kids yet have accomplishment so much less.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
62,010 Posts
Obviously now he can't have a career to match Federer, Nadal or Djokovic since those three never lost consecutive matches to the same player at 18....

Some read way too much into one or two results.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
People who say he's overrated because he's losing to RBA at this point are actually the one's who are overrating him. I can't recall any Coric fans claiming he'll school the likes of RBA.

·
Registered
15,791 Posts
Coric might as well retire

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
At Coric's age Federer lost to the likes of #70 Pavel, #71 Fromberg, #94 Hantschk and so many more.
What a mug that Roger must have been.

·
The Last Mohican
24,521 Posts
2014 - 2015. One of the weakest aspects of this era is the complete lack of youngster success. I guess Tomic counts? :shrug: But Tomic has a pretty low ceiling (late 10s ranking) with his terrible movement and ROS troubles.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
At Coric's age Federer lost to the likes of #70 Pavel, #71 Fromberg, #94 Hantschk and so many more.
What a mug that Roger must have been.
Aeron Krickstein holds the ATP record for being the youngest player to win a singles title on the ATP Tour (at age 16,2 months, in Tel Aviv). He also set a record for being the youngest player ever to break the top 10 (at age 17).

Did Krickstein become an all-time great? No, he didn't.

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
Coric has been living off the Basel and Dubai points and never delivered since. Being routined by RBA twice is embarrassing no matter how you look at it.

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I didn't know you can come up to #33 in the rankings with just 2 wins. Thank you for opening my eyes :yeah:
Well those are his 2 signature carrer wins and the 2 major source of his high ranking (Basel/Dubai)..Long story short, as player in vaccuum, Coric is definitely not worth those high profile scalps..

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
:haha:

Coric hasn't proved that he can go deep tournaments week after week, year after year so there are no basis for the hype.
That doesn't even make sense...

He is in the top 40 because he has earned the amount of points needed, he only has to prove that he deserves to be where he currently stands, which is top 40. And top 40 is not an indication of "going deep in tournaments week after week", I don't get the point you're trying to make.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The blasphemy of once comparing current Coric to baby Djokovic, though..At least, Youtube is still out there :lol:

·
Registered
12,633 Posts
Couldn't agree more. Same people who tend to spend most of their adult lives bemoaning "how the young people are" and "in my day ..."

17-19 year old players, even the most promising, in any sport, tend to be inconsistent in their early years, but the absolute GLEE with which these youngsters' losses are being greeted, makes one wonder if these posters want the sport itself to survive and grow

·
Super Moderator
62,010 Posts
This was only the 2nd time this season Coric lost his opening round match on clay, the other a three-set loss against Dolgopolov in MC.

1 - 20 of 133 Posts