Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Congratulations:worship:

Top 160 now. What a huge boost for the 17-year old.

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Re: Hamburg QF: [WC] Zverev def. Kamke 0-6 7-5 6-3

Remarkable turnaround after losing the first 7 games. This kid is going to be a monster very soon.

·
Registered
21,398 Posts
Finally got a chance to see him, what a story!

Hopefully he now gets the opportunity to play an absolute legend of the game, Ferrer.

·
Registered
21,231 Posts
I don't like how he stands so far behind the baseline but this is good for tennis.

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Fantastic this was. Kamke felt like he needs to pull something insane just to grab a point of Zverev by the end of it. I thought it would be the other way around.

Got future this kid.

·
Registered
10,504 Posts
Only caught the third set but looked a pretty decent match. That being said, Kamke is exactly the type of player you want to be facing when you're attempting to make your first tour semi final as a rookie 17-year-old. Massive effort from Zverev, I just hope he doesn't start showing the traits of his older brother as his career develops... He should have too much talent and ability to even think about it anyway...

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Great recovery for the young German after an incredibly, and understandably, nervy start.

Second match in a row of his I have watched, i like so many things about his game.

Already a fan and looking forward to his future development. It looks bright. :cool:

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Only followed live scores. As proud as i can be. What a Turn around. And his first serve seems to be a weapon. What a Story. Semifinal i can't believe it. Also Interested in the following month on hard. As a reward he hopefully plays Ferrer for a first Top Ten Match. :worship:

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Well as I said yesterday I don't want to underestimate Zverev wins but all his opponents completely meltdown.

Today Kamke who totally fell apart after missing a FH wide open at 60 *55 15A...

Zverev stands very far from the baseline I'm not sure he will be able to repeat his week if he stays like it.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Much needed fresh blood for German tennis. :yeah:

He does not play like most guys of his size which is good to see. Got much talent. I hope he does not keep staying behind the baseline as much though. He will develop physically soon and is gonna be a threat I guess.

Good to see someone break through at 17 and not at 25.

·
Registered
4,857 Posts
Well as I said yesterday I don't want to underestimate Zverev wins but all his opponents completely meltdown.

Today Kamke who totally fell apart after missing a FH wide open at 60 *55 15A...

Zverev stands very far from the baseline I'm not sure he will be able to repeat his week if he stays like it.
If they melted down faster than a 17 year old kid (and I'm not convinced they did), that's a testament to Zverev's mental strength.

His game needs to evolve, that's for sure. But that's true of every player

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
No. 159 in live rankings and I feel he can win tomorrow as well, but SF is already a dream for a 17-year old.

And by the way, this means he gets a SE into Gstaad or Umag next week (preferably Gstaad) so another ATP Tour main draw for him.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts